Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2008 5:13:56 AM EDT
I have been wearing a "thick" velcro pants belt under my duty belt for years and was thinking of switching to either the 5.11 Trainer Belt or the 5.11 Operator Belt.  

Any input on either of these belts?  

Would either support a duty belt?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:34:43 AM EDT
[#1]
i wear an operator belt under my duty belt. have had it about a year. works great. used to run a blackhawk riggers type belt but the buckle rusted and the velco wore out. the operator buckle is fine and the velcro is still good. the belt is stiff and gives good support of the duty belt and hasnt sagged on me. i'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:47:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i wear an operator belt under my duty belt. have had it about a year. works great. used to run a blackhawk riggers type belt but the buckle rusted and the velco wore out. the operator buckle is fine and the velcro is still good. the belt is stiff and gives good support of the duty belt and hasnt sagged on me. i'm happy with it.

Is there a "bulge" where the buckle is or does it lay pretty flat?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#3]
The operator belt is great for range work.   Very stiff and holds holster well.

I use a velcro liner belt on duty.  It holds the duty belt more secure.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 12:51:12 PM EDT
[#4]
the buckle is kind of big and there is a bulge. what i did was offset the buckle to the left of the zipper so that the buckle on my duty belt doesnt sit right on top of it. works fine for me.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
the buckle is kind of big and there is a bulge. what i did was offset the buckle to the left of the zipper so that the buckle on my duty belt doesnt sit right on top of it. works fine for me.

i did the same thing.  i love my belt, i sadly need a bigger one though
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]
They are great belts. However, 5.11 is made in China and Blackhawk is made in Vietnam.

My vote would be a for a Wilderness Belt or Specter Gear belt. I have the latter and it is awesome. Both are made in the US of A.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#7]
i have a 511 to replace my wilderness belt. and it didnt happen, ill be sticking with the wilderness belt from now on. much better construction
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top