Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2008 12:40:04 PM EDT
They are a pain in the ass, and after I put all my crap on I dont even know if they make a difference?

does everyone wear them?
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
They are a pain in the ass, and after I put all my crap on I dont even know if they make a difference?

does everyone wear them?

I do, but not the kind that smacks you in the junk when they come loose.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I wear them with a class "A" uniform, but not for the usual work "B" uniform. Gunbelt tends to help keep everything tucked in.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wear them with a class "A" uniform, but not for the usual work "B" uniform. Gunbelt tends to help keep everything tucked in.

Including a crap...until your bowels overwhelm Sam Browne.

Can anyone say "poop tourniquet?"
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

does everyone wear them?

ok so i'm not the only one who has a hate for the shirt stay.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Including a crap...until your bowels overwhelm Sam Browne.

Can anyone say "poop tourniquet?"

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

does everyone wear them?

+1 I wear the kind that have the loop for your foot instead of the clips that way you don't have all your leg hairs pulled out or the surprise junk smack.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#7]
You will never get promoted if you look like a bag of rags.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Never.  The occasional manual shirt tuck (and junk adjustment) works just fine.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I blouse my shirt top and that holds things in nicely.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#10]
A friend of mine uses a spare belly band holster around the top of his hips over the shirt, that mofo could chase someone 3 blocks, jump 4 fences and fight the suspect and still look like he was freshly starched and ironed.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I love them.  It keeps my stuff looking squared away and I don't have to tuck in my shirt every time I get out of my vehicle.  After a few weeks of wearing them, you forget they are their.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 12:51:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Shirt stays? You mean something that keeps your shirt pulled down it looks nice and tight, so the lines in the back look sharp?

Way back in the Regiment, two methods were generally used. The cheap way was to use boot blousers (name?), link a few of them together, and use them to maintain tension .....and I'm sure leave marks on the body if improperally done. The expensive way, initially anyhow, was to buy what they called a baseball belt.

Frankly, once out of the Regiment and in the regular Navy, I didn't bother ..... but on the other hand, the senior chief did take me aside one day and said that the troops expect their officers to look sharp (I wasn't even getting my shirts with military creases). So take it with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I used the rubber belt some time ago and it worked great, but broke after 3 months of regular use. I have since purchased the straps that clip to socks and shirt. I hate the damn things. Not a shift goes by that one or 2 clips come undone.  I sure wish someone would come out with a better design.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Rubber belt ....I think they call it " the hidden tailor".... goes around your waist over your shirt before you pull on you pants.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Rubber belt ....I think they call it " the hidden tailor".... goes around your waist over your shirt before you pull on you pants.

Hidden tailor didn't work for me. Maybe I wasn't wearing it low enough. It keeps riding up on me. A quality pair of shirt stays is the way to go. But even shirt stays have to be replaced after awhile as they lose their elasticity.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Never needed one.  For a week or so I tried they "tucking your shirt into underwear" trick,  but I found the only difference was that everyone knew I was wearing Under Armour.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Our uniform pants have a rubbery liner sewn into the inside waist area. I never have an issue with untucking.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I use them
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

does everyone wear them?

I wear them to maintain a professional appearance.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I use em religiously.

Had the uniform store sew 2 extra buttons on the side of each shirt, where I would usually clip the top ends of the shirt stays.  The stays kept snapping off, so now I just loop the metal part of the metal/rubber over my 4 extra buttons, and they stay there all shift.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top