Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2008 12:06:05 PM EDT
Hi,

I am a non-LEO member who would like to ask for some help from the LEO department. I am looking at buying a used Dakota Arms Longbow rifle in a private sale. The gun is expensive, so before I lay out big bucks on it I want to make sure its not stolen. The gun looks brand new. The serial number is T0073. The guy who's selling it lives in Washington. The sale will go through an FFL in my state, Colorado. The sale is between me and the seller, the FFL is just doing the paperwork.

If anyone can check on it for me, i would really appreciate it.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#1]
i think most people would want the gun physically in there control before they run it, but I dont know...
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Essentially, I don't see why not. Back in my MP days, had a .22 rifle in our possession that had been found in a trash dump. We called the State for a check on the serial numbers and when it came back with "No want or record", filled out the paperwork to have sent to Crane, ID to be stamped (ie, flattened).

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top