Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2008 8:20:19 PM EDT
We are the biggest city in our state.  We have a rampant drug problem.  We have a rampant prostitution problem.  We have a rampant problem with human trafficking.  We have one of the nation's biggest (and most spread out) port systems.

And because of COMSTAT stat bullshit and clueless leadership, we are disbanding the narcotics and vice units (along with asset forfeiture it seems, since we fall under narcotics,) and all personnel are being sent to the districts to work as patrol officers and sgts. in an effort to reduce the crime problem.  (Which, as far as we can see of the district command staffs, mainly consists of stat fudging, changing crimes to miscellaneous incidents, and outright lying anyway.)
Now no more fed grants for narc work.  No more grants for vice/trafficking work.  No more fed sharing of asset forf. dough.

I mean, I am one of the biggest legalize it guys I know, both for drugs and ass-slinging, but while they are illegal this shit needs to be controlled.  And don't get me started on what our vice guys do for human trafficking----both from the perspective of getting some illegals out of country, and from freeing people from fucking slavery.

Two more fucking years.  Two more years and I can get a decent sum when I hit 55, and I can go do 12 for JPSO and be in the green.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats a shame. A large dept. with no narc. unit is just asking for huge trouble.  Sorry to hear it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Comstat is the Devil.

I still do get the bosses don't understand that numbers can be manipulaited to tell any story you want them to tell.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:18:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

And because of COMSTAT...

Say no more. COMSTAT (or any variations of it) is one of the worst things to happen to my dept. CALEA being a distant second.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top