Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2008 3:35:18 PM EDT
I found these at Brownells which are manufactured by Rings:

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=1475&st=Firearms%20Simulators&s=

I'm looking for a Glock 19.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.officerstore.com/store/product.cfm/pid_4410_asp_red_training_gun_glock/

I like the red and it definitely has more detail.  It only a few dollars more expensive than the Brownell's link (I have the C&R discount).  

Do you know if it definitely fits into a G19 holster?  I'm sure it does but it's better to ask.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have one.  My partner had a Sig 220 and it a exact copy for size and detail.  He has never hand any trouble getting it to fit in any holster.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.officerstore.com/store/product.cfm/pid_4410_asp_red_training_gun_glock/

I like the red and it definitely has more detail.  It only a few dollars more expensive than the Brownell's link (I have the C&R discount).  

Do you know if it definitely fits into a G19 holster?  I'm sure it does but it's better to ask.

Yes, they fit the correct holsters. We used them for weapons retention training.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:58:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Glad you got your answer .......

but to another, let me ask what kind of training you are doing.

When I'm practicing with either my AR-10 or -15, I try to have the shoulder holster on with full mags under the assumption that in such a situation, the backup gun would be the USP and the weight should be there on the shoulders.

But the range is not likely to let me to have a one in the pipe with a full mag in the shoulder holster. But that weight an be duplicated with modeling clay.

I have yet to do it ....... but it would be the cheaper approach ..... for that kind of training.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Glad you got your answer .......

but to another, let me ask what kind of training you are doing.

When I'm practicing with either my AR-10 or -15, I try to have the shoulder holster on with full mags under the assumption that in such a situation, the backup gun would be the USP and the weight should be there on the shoulders.

But the range is not likely to let me to have a one in the pipe with a full mag in the shoulder holster. But that weight an be duplicated with modeling clay.

I have yet to do it ....... but it would be the cheaper approach ..... for that kind of training.

Two types:

1) Disarming an attacker.  As you know, it's foolish to use a real 'empty' gun since there is no such thing as an 'empty' gun.  We practice different ways to disarm an attacker in the dojo so I need a realistic dummy gun to practice with at home.

2) Practice drawing indoors.  You can use a real gun for this, and it's even better if it has a double action trigger (Makarov, revolver, etc).  But if I have a dummy gun, I would likely use it for that as well.

I'm not sure I understood your scenario.  Did you mean you keep the USP in a shoulder holster?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:.....I'm not sure I understood your scenario.  Did you mean you keep the USP in a shoulder holster?

I meant I'd like to keep the loaded USP in the shoulder holster ........ but I don't. The point is to have the heaviest shoulder holster rig (more on that in a moment) on when firing rifle to know how it is. To me (and my limited budget), the USP is the secondary weapon when using rifle.

Now, when I carry, the shoulder holster is the preferred method. Catch is, USP is not that concealable ..... unless one happens to be in a field jacket. I do carry .45, but it's a Kimber....which is not as heavy, not as big as the USP.

But, different tools for different jobs. Carrying the Kimber is a reality but odds are people are not going to have as a sniper; I'm not that good ...... (probably in the class below). I don't do head shots in standing on iron sights at 300 yards but instead, drop them in the chest cavity.

But between the most 'demanding' scenario I can picture and the limits of the range available to me, I try to train in that stance. That is, for rifle, be wearing the secondary weapon rigging.

Now, one other thing on shoulder holsters from my experience. I was shooting once with the holster on, tied down, one handed right on the USP. No warm up because you don't get a warm up. I fired...and immediately was hit with back spasms. What had happened? I had been rear ended 2 months before, I wondered if that was it. No, I had done scuba inbetween, so no reason why an injury should show up now from the car accident and not before.

I figured that because the holster was on, tied down, the stress of the shot on the right arm had gone into the back and since the holster was on, there was no way for it to be released. I've never experienced it again despite several range sessions; I guess I've found ways to mentally control the muscle set up.

Point is, train as you might be in reality.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#10]
You can try EBAY.  I got some blue guns from trainers that were getting out of it cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top