Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2008 8:40:13 AM EDT
Just wondering what "unofficial designations" some of you use at work. We have a few that we use. For example if someone is crazy, nuts, wacko, etc, we designate them as "10-90 J2". This is a NE ten code which is used by rural officers to advise their dispatcher that the top light on a tower is not lit.

Another one that we use is "23/20". This indicates that someone is "white trash" or "WT" ("W" being the 23rd letter of the alphabet and "T" being the 20th).

Lets hear your "unofficial designations".
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#1]
JDLR - just dont look right  
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Whiskey Tango = White Trash!
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#3]
10-69 -  use your imagination
Code X - see above
Signal Delta Delta - think about it.  It will come to you.
Whiskey Tango as above
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Everybody probably knows this one but "D.R.T." = Dead right there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#5]
We don't use 10 codes here. So sometimes it just kinda slips out. hock.gif
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:58:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Signal Delta Delta - think about it.  It will come to you.

Using what I learned from the hit movie The DaVinci Code, I would have so say that a delta sign is a rudimentary phallus. And when you put two of them together you get a couple of dicks. And we all know that detectives are called dicks. So, I am assuming that when you need your detectives to respond to a scene, you call for a "signal delta delta" or "double d"......oh, I think I get it now - in your area, a couple of detectives are nothing more than a couple of boobs.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe a year after I signed on, I responded to a bomb threat at a Subway station.  It was pretty credible.  Huge box just sitting there on the plat.  No one claimed it.  I shut down the station and called it in.  We cleared the station and taped up the entrance ways with crime scene tape.  ESU shows up as well as FD and other units.  ESU guys all buffed out come passed the tape and the first guy looks at me and says "No Rubber past the plastic," and stormed inside.  The second ESU guy seeing the confused look on my face says,"You have no idea what that means, do you?"  He smiles and points at FD and says "Rubber suits." he then points at the tape and says, "Plastic tape." Ahhhh, no rubber past the plastic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top