Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2007 6:26:51 PM EDT
Please be careful these days.  I've received information that certain peaceful groups are trying to perform a beheading video on American soil using an American soldier or member of law enforcement.  This information comes following a successful raid, which netted a talker.  

I can't tell you how they'd kidnap or where, just be careful and watchful of your surroundings at all times.

Safe tour.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#1]
That would not go over too well if you ask me. If, God forbid, it ever happened.

My hope would be they select the wrong target and are made public examples of. Post haste.

What would a group of Marines do if their buddy fell victim to something like this? (shudder)

Link Posted: 11/29/2007 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#3]
<Removed. 1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. -NorCal_LEO>
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#4]
This is why one always insures a dwelling to guard against the fortuitous loss.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Please be careful these days.  I've received information that certain peaceful groups are trying to perform a beheading video on American soil using an American soldier or member of law enforcement.  This information comes following a successful raid, which netted a talker.  

I can't tell you how they'd kidnap or where, just be careful and watchful of your surroundings at all times.

Safe tour.

That intel type has been going around in periodic SO7's for a while. I do wonder, however, how close any of these extremist have been to accomplishing their goals though.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#6]
<Removed. 1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. -NorCal_LEO>
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 9:09:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Dude, Have your agency send out a teletype.  I would like to give this info to my officers.  I'm in a major city with an international airport.  16 miles from NYC. Many wackos go through my town. Hell one of the 19 scumbags was in my city on 9-10-01.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#8]
b
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:35:42 AM EDT
[#9]
maybe then we could pull our troops out and turn it into a big parking lot or a large glass show. I hear if you heat up sand really hot it turns to glass..
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:53:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#11]
NorCal,

While I can understand the viewpoint, it just strikes me as odd that, we, as a society, can make disparaging remarks about Christianity (look at the Comedians who do this for a living) and the Jewish faith, yet if they do that against the Muslims?

Not trying to invoke the wrath, or break the CoC.  I am just slightly perplexed as to the double standard.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#12]
twogun.

Sounds like you are near the Ironbound. Call the FBI over in the Clairemont Towers, they have a liason that should be able to hook you up with the intel you need. This is all supposed to be the new age of "information sharing". NPD might have gotten it and not passed down...go figure. The Fed's now have full time Counties from Bergen and Passaic in house, of course Essex doesn't.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll send it next door to my gun toting brothers. Near the only US RTC it's worth the heads up.

Unless, of course, you're the chief, in which case you revert to "it won't happen here..."
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NorCal,

While I can understand the viewpoint, it just strikes me as odd that, we, as a society, can make disparaging remarks about Christianity (look at the Comedians who do this for a living) and the Jewish faith, yet if they do that against the Muslims?

Not trying to invoke the wrath, or break the CoC.  I am just slightly perplexed as to the double standard.

As a society, yes... but on the board the CoC applies to all religions.  If you see bashing or disparaging remarks against Christians, the Jewish, Buddhists or any other religion, please report them.  

This does not preclude bashing terrorists, extremists or other criminals regardless of religious affiliation.

Roger that concerning the CoC.

It just seems odd that society can make disparaging remarks against those who practice a faith (such as Judaism, Christianity to be specific) yet if a person makes those selfsame type of remarks against those who practice Islam, they are labeled as a racist.  What a wonderful world of hypocrisy we live in.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#16]
^^^ Amen, amen, and amen
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Safe tour.

That intel type has been going around in periodic SO7's for a while. I do wonder, however, how close any of these extremist have been to accomplishing their goals though.

Think about it, it wouldnt be hard.  They get a camcorder, knife, motel 6 room outside a training post and snatch up some young private who drank too much three doors down.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NorCal,

As a society, yes... but on the board the CoC applies to all religions.  If you see bashing or disparaging remarks against Christians, the Jewish, Buddhists or any other religion, please report them.  

This does not preclude bashing terrorists, extremists or other criminals regardless of religious affiliation.

Correct indeed.

Being an asshole isn't a protected category.  Make fun of them for being an asshole, just not a christian/muslim/jewish asshole.

Makes perfect sense and the heads up is always welcome.  It is always a dangerous world out there.

Joe
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Safe tour.

Think about it, it wouldnt be hard.  They get a camcorder, knife, motel 6 room outside a training post and snatch up some young private who drank too much three doors down.  

That's my concern, except I think that they're looking for rank on this one from my understanding.  Basically, "we can get to your bosses and your most valuable."  

Like I said, be careful on your calls.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Can anyone post links to any source for this info? At the very least, the originating agency? I too would like to let my coworkers know but it'd be nice to have some sources to back it up.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#21]
This has been the intent for certain groups for sometime.  The public in general believes the police will protect them and save them from danger.  If these organization attack law enforcement they create fear causing the public to have no faith in the police, which equals no faith in the government.  This is one reason I think shows like Dallas, KC, Detroit SWAT are a bad idea.  Who better to get, and you see their houses, cars, and work place on the show.  Even though it blurs out address and license plates it is not hard to figure these places out.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 2:48:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NorCal,

What about those crazy Vegans? Can we bash them?
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NorCal,

What about the Irish?

J/K

I do understand the CoC concerns and we do need to maintain a professonal atmosphere. We have too many enemies as it is.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Can anyone post links to any source for this info? At the very least, the originating agency? I too would like to let my coworkers know but it'd be nice to have some sources to back it up.

No.  You'll have to take this warning for what it is.  I wish I could do more as it is.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:31:11 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

If you're LEO then every agency across the nation gets the same SO7's other than a particular agency to agency specific switch message & that intel cannot be posted here.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're LEO then every agency across the nation gets the same SO7's other than a particular agency to agency specific switch message & that intel cannot be posted here.

No one in my agency that I've spoken with has heard anything regarding this. I'm not saying it's not out there, but that's why I asked. If someone has heard anything, they haven't made it a point to let us know. My agency isn't the best at disseminating info to the people working the road.

ETA: I wasn't trying to get you guys to post anything that would compromise any LE agency, or person. But I sound like I'm being paranoid when I mention this in briefing without any other info.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'd like to think that if this was a credible threat that I would have seen it also.

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd like to think that if this was a credible threat that I would have seen it also.

The source is DEA.  Research it from there.  You guys need to see a piece of paper to "verify" a threat?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:46:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Just watch your backs all the time!

I can't imagine what would happen as a result if this did happen......
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#32]
As I'm still in the Guard and a trained Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection officer, I cannot comment on closed source intel. Having said that, there is a ton of open source intel that has shown Iraqi and Iranian nationals, as well as other Middle Eastern nationals who have Hispanic features, are crossing the southern border. I think it's just a matter of time before we see an Al Qaeda type of attack. Remember, the hardest part of any plan isn't the insertion or execution, it's the exfil. With AQ type of attacks, that's taken out of the equation, heightens OpSec. Thank God I work in a rural agency, we can see 'em coming from a mile away.......so far.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:47:49 AM EDT
[#33]
And they want to cut Homeland Security's Budget NOW. Come on, we are making strides everyday. They should cut the benefits, perks and pay of Congress / Senate before the take a nickel out of DHS. Morons I tell you, Morons.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:45:44 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The source is DEA.  Research it from there.  You guys need to see a piece of paper to "verify" a threat?

No offense, but if I'm going to make a claim, I like to have proof to back it up.

I'm not about to stick my repuation on the line for something that was posted on an ar15 board.

Trust but verify.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:40:44 AM EDT
[#35]
For goodness sake. We have to combat threats on a daily basis in this line of work. The OP was just wishing us safety. Threats come in all forms from any group. Just something else to be aware of regardless of the source.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No offense, but if I'm going to make a claim, I like to have proof to back it up.

I'm not about to stick my repuation on the line for something that was posted on an ar15 board.

Trust but verify.

Av.

I don't quite know how to respond.  I don't care what you do with the information I posted.  I don't care if you use it to protect your own ass or republish it to your department.  I also don't see how your reputation would be on the line, since this was a bulletin that went out 2 years ago anyway.  It's a RENEWED threat with a specific source.  

I learned my lesson in that everyone is a skeptic and anything posted on AR15.com immediately raises the bullshit flag.

Do you think I'm going to risk my career to post more details?  No more than you'd warn your coworkers to be on guard for their own kidnapping and beheading.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top