Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2007 6:41:43 PM EDT
Any of your depts. use models of buildings and vehicles for strategy and tactics training?  
I'm starting to put one together and would love some input and ideas from everyone.
And if you have pics that would even be better. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#1]
It's the old dry erase board for us when fragging prior to a op after a call out. For training we use real buildings, terrain, veh's, etc. like most dept's.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#2]
We use them. Generic buildings and streets. We use them to get the supervisors to think about staging areas, perimeters and such. Most of the stuff looks like it came from railroad models.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
We use them. Generic buildings and streets. We use them to get the supervisors to think about staging areas, perimeters and such. Most of the stuff looks like it came from railroad models.

RR modeling is going to be your best bet for availability of parts & accessories.

There was a company out of the UK that made HO scales armymen err... model figures, in every style from greek & roman warriors through napoleonic era to WWII and cold war (then modern). I forget the name offhand though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:28:45 AM EDT
[#4]
These sites have some buildings.
www.fiddlersgreen.net/
www.erichotz.com/whitewash.html
www.worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2&zenid=909e2c72782c9e48110a03ddd45ce509

The hobby is referred to as "card modeling" if you are searching.

Colonel Hurtz
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for all the info!

We have already been putting together some HO scale models but what I'm really looking for is ideas about the layout of the mock city.  Basically street layout and water supply etc.
I haven't been able to find any pics online of one of these setups but maybe I'm not using the right key words.  We are using 4X8 plywood to paint landscapes on but like I said I'm not sure how to set up the layout.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top