Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2007 4:38:12 AM EDT
I've been in the market for a good, solid, bright, small flashlight for off duty carry and backup for my stinger.  I somehow ran across NovaTac.  I was looking at Streamlights, Surefires and a few other brands when this one came up.

These are military type III hard anodized aluminum bodied single LED lights with a polycarbonate lens.

The lights are 3.3 inches long and 1 inch in diameter.

There were three models of the EDC - Every Day Carry - with two maximum outputs available per model - 85 and 120 lumens.  

The standard EDC which has three output levels of 10, 42 and 85 or 120 lumens (depending on the model).  Along with being a flashlight it has a emergency strobe feature.

There is the programmable output model - EDC-P.  This one allows for four programmable settings from .3 to 85-120 lumens with three additional strobe/signal settings.

Finally the EDC-T - T for tactical - which I purchased in 120 lumens.  The output settings are .3, 10, and 85 or 120 lumens with a disorienting strobe.

The light runs off a single 123 lithium battery.  Run time off a single battery has been difficult to determine since I have been using mine often and a fellow LEO's kids love to run around his house with the strobe feature activated.  I have noticed the flashlight regulates the output depending on the life of the battery.  It automatically dims but maintains the brightest output possible when the battery is nearing its death.

The light has a single tailcap button.  The different modes are accessed through series of button pushes and holds.  The button allows for both temporary and single click on.  Once the button has been clicked once you hold the button to activate the strobe.  Two clicks from the initial click on brings it to the 10 lumens and three clicks is the .3 lumens setting.

The light has a clip which is provided but optional to install.

I have preferred using this little light on traffic stops versus my 20X and Stinger Streamlights.  

Off duty carry has been nice.  I can have it in my pocket or clipped to my belt.  It's light and small enough not to notice its there.

I have been extremely happy (I didn't think extremely happy could be applied to my feelings towards a flashlight) with this light.  I'm interested to see what happens when it ultimately gets placed into the wash machine with my clothes- unintentionally of course.

For an LED I'm especially impressed because the beam is a great width with good range and the light is uniformly distributed on whatever I'm pointing at.  

Overall the light is blinding (and the strobe is powerful) and that's what matters.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 11:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone else have one?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]
La Police Gear have the best price I've seen.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/noedctasefl.html
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:33:02 AM EDT
[#3]

I have seen the light but I have not owned one. All of the reviews are great. Let us know if you buy one. The $100 seems to be a great deal, that light goes for around 150
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top