Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2007 2:02:52 AM EDT
What Taser is your agency using? We use the X-26 signed out by officers and returned at the end of the shifts. How are you carrying it?

We are  currently using the blade tech holsters that came with them but Im looking for something better(More comfortable) to purchase on my on.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:34:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Each of our officers is issued his own Taser X26. We all carry ours on our support side. Some carry in a crossdraw configuration (including myself). We got to pick between the BT holster and the Exoskeleton holster; I chose the BT but after a month's daily wear it's already cracking at one of the seams.

I'm thinking of moving it to the front left of my belt (and cocking the holster a little) where my mag pouch currently resides. Right now it's on my left side between the radio and mag pouch and it's difficult to get to and to "unsnap" from the little locking retainer on the top of the holster.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#2]
X-26 issued to each deputy using the blade tech holster.

I carry mine as a butt-forward canted straight draw on my off-side. That way I can draw pretty well with either hand.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:23:14 PM EDT
[#3]
x-26 issued perminantly.

We're luckily authorized to carry thigh holsters for the TASER, so that's what I have. It's really comfortable
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got the thigh holster from blade tech.  I wouldn't carry a taser if I had to carry it on my belt.  I have all items on my hips.  nothing up front or in back.  My hipbones carry the weight better than my lower back and I want to enjoy golf when I retire.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've got the thigh holster from blade tech.  I wouldn't carry a taser if I had to carry it on my belt.  I have all items on my hips.  nothing up front or in back.  My hipbones carry the weight better than my lower back and I want to enjoy golf when I retire.

that's why I switched to the thigh holster. I just dont have enough real estate on my waist to put it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#6]
We check out our X-26's at the beginning of the shift and return them at the end.  We are required to carry them on our non-weapon side to reduce the possiblity of accicdentally shooting someone with a firearm instead of a taser.  The Holsters are issued to us and are by no means 'high-speed.'
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#7]
X-26 in a cross draw k-360
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#8]
We check out an X-26 with Taser cam each shift. There are Blade-Tech belt and thigh holsters available to use, but I bought my own Safariland 6004. I wear it on my off side with a Taser dual cartridge holder (skeleton style) instead of the bulky, snap-closure Safariland cartridge pouches.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:21:36 PM EDT
[#9]
we have the brick taser either in a thigh holster or on the duty belt.  mine is on my belt, support side.  got tired of the holster wearing out my pants and having the taser getting banged around from the car door.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What Taser is your agency using? We use the X-26 signed out by officers and returned at the end of the shifts. How are you carrying it?

We are  currently using the blade tech holsters that came with them but Im looking for something better(More comfortable) to purchase on my on.

Thanks

Same here. We have about one X26 per 3 cars (not including supervisors), when all the tasers are functioning properly.

We are currently using a very poorly made nylon holster (locally made). We were supposed to be issued new nylon holster of better quality, but that hasn't happened yet. We are not supposed to use personally purchased taser holsters, but the one we're issued is so bad, I'm considering buying a blade tech anyway.

Off side only. I personally carry mine crossdraw. Thigh holster haven't been approved yet, and my guess is they never will be.

Of course we were also told we would eventually each get a 'take home' X26 issued, but I'm not holding my breath for that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Our dept. carries the X-26 in Ugly Yellow color    The taser is issued to us.  

We use weak hand carry side on our belts using the blade tech holsters that came with it.  I prefer carrying it cross draw (butt side forward) but it's your choice (butt side back).  Those with small waists and have no room to carry the taser on their belts can be issued a drop leg holster on the weak hand side.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top