Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2006 12:55:23 PM EDT
I applied with the county and received a letter saying that this Friday I will need to go take a test and fill out a personal history questionaire. I have filled out a personal history questionaire for Homeland Security, will it be similar to that one (Where have you lived your whole life, worked, etc)? Also, what should I expect in the test?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The personal history questionnaires are all basically the same.  As you stated, it asks for residence history, work history, some cover criminal behavior in this section.  Essentially, you give them your life story.  

As for the testing, is it the physical and/or the written.  If the state and agency use the POST test, it should not be too hard for you if you graduated from high school and have any college.  The physical should be covered in the application or handout.  My state (and many others) utilize the Cooper Test.  It consists of a sit-and-reach, sit-ups, push-ups, and 1.5 mile run.  All must be completed to a specifiedl level determined by age and sex.  

Oh, and welcome to the gauntlet that is getting a LEO job.  Good luck and stick with it!
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Well....I have an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice so the education wont be a problem.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
The Portland, Oregon PD had some information on their physical and written testing on the below links (.pdf's).

www.portlandonline.com/shared/cfm/image.cfm?id=32732

www.portlandonline.com/shared/cfm/image.cfm?id=56887
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:19:09 AM EDT
[#4]
What county did you apply with? I tested with Marion county about 6 months ago. The test was fairly easy, just brush up on your math (percentages). Also, try to save copies of your personal history questionnaire; it makes it easy to fill out other ones if you don't get the job.

Goodluck
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:41:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Multnomah County uses the Portland Police physical fitness test and is pass/fail.    Cant be much help on the other parts of the test.   It is dependant on the county you're applying with as to what you'll get but usually it's pretty basic stuff that requires no specific job knowledge ( for entry level positions)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top