BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/17/2001 9:13:00 AM EDT

[center][size=4][red]Attention All AR15.COM Members[/red][/size=4][/center]
View Quote

Ladies and gentlemen, we have amongst our ranks a few members of this board, that have spent 24/7 at ground zero since the dreadful terrorist attack on America September 11th.

The staff of AR15.COM has had discussions and  would like to honor these brave men  appropriately with tokens of our apreciation as only we can do; with the gift of a specially designed/built presentation AR15.

[center][size=4][blue]We have finally reached our goal![/blue][/size=4][/center]
View Quote

[i]Moved from the defunct forum...[/i]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 9:35:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Call me an asshole if you want but count me out. Those guys signed on to do a job, and they knew it could get rough. they cashed their paychecks with a clear conscience.Lets find a little girl who's father is still under 50 tons of concrete and buy HER something.

Flame Away boys! I have a right to my opinion, and you just heard it!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Anti,

I'd love to give you something for them. (have donated to the NYPD FOP and locally) Thing is I just broke the bank and then some updating my old kit with SOE gear. I know it's selfish but since I'm on a mobility team it's time to take care of my ass first.

Our daughter's 3rd grade class got togeather and did cards for a friend (NYPD) that was also downtown when the attack occured. This guy was at ground zero for the 2nd aircraft impact.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:38:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Are these guys doing their job?  Yes.  Are they JUST doing their job?  That's the matter at hand.  I happen to believe that current circumstance have turned "just a job" into a vital service to our country.  Unless we want to degenerate into a society that "just does its job," we need to reward those that come through for us in times of need.  Here's our chance.  For some people that can be an email with a word of thanks, and for others it can be through a little money through paypal.  In the end it comes down to doing what you think is right.

*paypal sent*

Viper Out
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I can understand the gesture.  But, wouldn't a donation to an organization or charity of their (officers) choice granted in their name be more appropriate?  If the officers would rather receive a gun at a time like this instead of giving the money to those who need it, they themselves seem a little selfish in my eyes.  Let me know the names of the organization they would like money donated to and the names of the officers and I will do my part.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Call me an asshole if you want but count me out. Those guys signed on to do a job, and they knew it could get rough. they cashed their paychecks with a clear conscience.Lets find a little girl who's father is still under 50 tons of concrete and buy HER something.

Flame Away boys! I have a right to my opinion, and you just heard it!
View Quote

[size=6][b][red]ASSHOLE[/red][/b][/size=6]

* Edited to show the size of asshole we're dealing with!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#9]
If the officers would rather receive a gun at a time like this instead of giving the money to those who need it, they themselves seem a little selfish in my eyes.
View Quote

Frankly, nobody asked them!  This is a [u]gift[/u] from "us" to "them"...  nothing more, nothing less.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#10]
This is an awful decent thing your trying to do. I agree with the sentiment 100%. But since it is based on their status as NYPD officers, it may constitute a gratuity. Accepting gratuities is usually against dept. regulations. I'm not sure if NYPD has a regulation about this or not.

Perhaps we could chip in to do something for the 5th Pct, for Waverunner, and ESU, for NYshooter, (sorry I'm not sure who the 3rd is). That would benefit other officers there or victims, in NYPD's name (including waveruner, Nyshooter, ******) from AR15.com.

Not trying to step on toes, just throwing out a suggestion.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm in.

Hey G&B, did you get my email about the check?
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#13]
But since it is based on their status as NYPD officers, it may constitute a gratuity. Accepting gratuities is usually against dept. regulations. I'm not sure if NYPD has a regulation about this or not.
View Quote

These guys aren't getting anything for being NYPD, they're getting "respect" for being AR15.COM members that are giving their all, in the face of this national tragedy.

They could have quit their jobs and walked away anytime they chose, but they didn't...  From the horrors they are dealing with, that makes them better people than any of us could ever hope to be!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
But since it is based on their status as NYPD officers, it may constitute a gratuity. Accepting gratuities is usually against dept. regulations. I'm not sure if NYPD has a regulation about this or not.
View Quote

These guys aren't getting anything for being NYPD, they're getting "respect" for being AR15.COM members that are giving their all, in the face of this national tragedy.

They could have quit their jobs and walked away anytime they chose, but they didn't...  From the horrors they are dealing with, that makes them better people than any of us could ever hope to be!
View Quote

I understand that entirely and am behind it, I just don't want to do something that "complicates" things for them that's all.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#15]
^ BTT ^
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 2:07:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 2:45:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I think it is a great idea, and I will contribute.  I am very thankful that our guys survived, and by getting them some AR-15s something good will come of this: more "assault weapons" in the hands of New York citizens.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Anti, is there a 'suggested donation'?  I want to give at least what others have if I can afford it.

For those of you so adamently against this idea, fine.  Just don't be such an asshole and rant up and down the board about.

I have a suggestion: Could you have something special engraved or maybe screened/airbrushed on the buttstock?  Something like "To a hero from your brothers at AR15.com" or "Thank You - your brothers at AR15.com" or something similar?  

Maybe you could also include the screen names of all those who contributed so they will always know who they can call for backup...?

Oh yeah, from someone who lives and works in the AO, THANK YOU!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't see this as having a damn thing to do with "It's their job."  I see this as a way for the members to thank and honor these guys for being the type of men who would probably be ass deep in the rubble whether they were getting paid to do it or not. I think a rifle is a small thanks for what these guys gave of themselves with the horrible memories they'll carry for the rest of their lives.  My .02
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#22]
There is no minimum or maximum, and since we need close to $2000 for this to happen, every dime will help!

These rifles will be engraved in a manner that will honor these fine gentlemen in a way that only "we" can do it.  I will be working on the artwork over the next few days when I have the time.

These rifles will also be in a very special and custom configuration, so they will be exclusive, as they should be!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:29:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm home early today, 1900 hours...only two hours sitting in traffic!

Anyway, I'm incredibly surprised that the moderators want to do this for us.  I also see by tc6969's comments that there are members against this, so be it....I FEEL I DO NOT DESERVE THIS.  I really don't wish to gain from other peoples loss. I am totally humbled by the gesture though. It's cliche, but I'm only doing my job and had the timing been a few minutes different I would have been rushing up the stairs of the WTC as well.  I know that at any given time we can pay the ultimate price and everyone else in this line of work knows that. The real HERO's are those that perished that day, I'm just a regular cop. That's my .02 cents.

If you want to contribute to the rifle fund, then do so. If you feel your money should go somewhere else that's fine too.  You can also sit there behind your computer screens and do nothing. At a time of crisis like this we must stand united, I respectfully ask that the name calling stop and that we each do something positive to help.  Fellas, we have better targets to aim at then ourselves.

Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#24]
We'd like to participate.

How exactly do you use PayPal?  

It might be easier for us just to send a cashier's cheque.

Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#25]
To Waverunner and the rest, Thank You for serving and living through things that I know will haunt you for the rest of your days. "Above and beyond the call of duty" started the second that first plane hit the building. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the brothers you have lost and those who still serve with you.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Let me first say this:

I live and work in central Jersey for a large financial company that has offices in the WTC and surrounding buildings.  My wife works for a large oil company in northern Jersey with offices near the WTC.

We have friends, family, and coworkers that have been directly affected by this.  Two people we know and care about are dead.  A few more are still listed as 'missing' but presumed dead.

The task that the men we talk about here have to do is one that I am glad I don't have to do.  More power to them.  Anything I can do to show them that, despite the soul destroying death and despair that they've witnessed, the world is a good place filled with people who truly care about you and won't let you down, I WILL DO!

That said, I offer the following:

If the terms are acceptable to RRA and they offer a fair cash value for it, I am willing to donate my Bushmaster V-Match for credit towards this effort.  

I have placed the pic below:

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/032/tE/vG/t3/Yt42191.jpg[/img]

AntiUSSA, please discuss this with the appropriate folks and find out what they would 'credit' you for it.  Feel free to post here or email me for details details or with questions.  I think it might do good to post most everything here though.  Perhaps it will motivate other members to offer up to this worthy cause.

To all of my fellow AR15.com members, This is more than most can afford to give, I know.  But, since I happen to be in a position to be able to do this, I must.  I owe it to myself, my son, my wife, and all of you as someone who believes that this country is more than what you see on the news every night.  She is an unbreakable bond between her citizens that only grows stronger the harder you pull.

Believe me, if everyone gave just $20, it would all add up and we would easily make the goal.  Someday, it could happen in your town.  Someday, it could be your son, brother, father, or friend that these men are pulling from the rubble.  Look deep in your hearts, fellow Americans.  (I wish there was a 'salute' smiley)

Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Jeez, this is the *least* we could do, my initial PayPal has been sent and expect more as funds dictate.

Thanks guys for being there, one of you guys got my sister to the hopspital (broken collar bone, bad glass cuts), she didn't get the Officers name, but that justmeans that your are all my heroes (And I say that with no embarassment!)

I only wish I could do more.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Let me first say this:

I live and work in central Jersey for a large financial company that has offices in the WTC and surrounding buildings.  My wife works for a large oil company in northern Jersey with offices near the WTC.

We have friends, family, and coworkers that have been directly affected by this.  Two people we know and care about are dead.  A few more are still listed as 'missing' but presumed dead.

The task that the men we talk about here have to do is one that I am glad I don't have to do.  More power to them.  Anything I can do to show them that, despite the soul destroying death and despair that they've witnessed, the world is a good place filled with people who truly care about you and won't let you down, I WILL DO!

That said, I offer the following:

If the terms are acceptable to RRA and they offer a fair cash value for it, I am willing to donate my Bushmaster V-Match for credit towards this effort.  

I have placed the pic below:

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/032/tE/vG/t3/Yt42191.jpg[/img]

AntiUSSA, please discuss this with the appropriate folks and find out what they would 'credit' you for it.  Feel free to post here or email me for details details or with questions.  I think it might do good to post most everything here though.  Perhaps it will motivate other members to offer up to this worthy cause.

To all of my fellow AR15.com members, This is more than most can afford to give, I know.  But, since I happen to be in a position to be able to do this, I must.  I owe it to myself, my son, my wife, and all of you as someone who believes that this country is more than what you see on the news every night.  She is an unbreakable bond between her citizens that only grows stronger the harder you pull.

Believe me, if everyone gave just $20, it would all add up and we would easily make the goal.  Someday, it could happen in your town.  Someday, it could be your son, brother, father, or friend that these men are pulling from the rubble.  Look deep in your hearts, fellow Americans.  (I wish there was a 'salute' smiley)

View Quote

I'll back you up on that and offer LEGP #151. NIB only a scratch on the barrel from attempting to install the forward pistol grip.

FMJunkie, I was sitting on the fence thinking of giving up 151 but your gesture was enough to make my mind up.

Anybody want to buy a couple of sweet rifles?
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Dude, I think I am going to cry.  Damn I am glad to be part of this group.

[beer]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Guys, I was on the phone with waveRunner when these last few posts were made.

Wave was reading these to me, while I was pacing in my backyard trying to get him to understand why we would do such a thing for our brothers; it's because "they" would do it for any of us!

I am absolutely speechless by the jestures a couple of you are offering, but that's what makes the members of AR15.COm stand alone from the others...  I just hope and pray that enough others will see your sincerity, and not allow this to happen, but if it does, I'm right there with you!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Wave was reading these to me, while I was pacing in my backyard trying to get him to understand why we would do such a thing for our brothers; it's because "they" would do it for any of us!

View Quote

Cause we love yall man.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Dude, I think I am going to cry.  Damn I am glad to be part of this group.

[beer]
View Quote

I feel the same way bro.

[beer]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Can u put up an address for those of us that don't use paypal??
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:00:49 PM EDT
[#34]
[b]Castle Arms, Inc.
401 South Front Street
Quincy, IL 62301[/b]

Please make sure your check or money order is made payable to "Castle Arms", but also be sure to make the memo line as "Hero's Fund"!

Also make sure to mark the envelope as "Hero's Fund" as well, so it won't get mixed up with our other mail.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#35]
anti
Paypal on its way.

Jamie
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#37]
When I first started through this thread I noticed several excellent thoughts as to why we should do this and STRIKER & DonR were likely "QUOTE" victims.

But I will speak for myself...These men are OUR AR15.com Brothers and that IS what this is all about!!!

Ray (waverunner), you are the only one that I have had fun bantering back and forth with on several occasions. Therefore you are the only one that I fell like I know on a personal level. However let that not take away from the others...I Salute you all!!!

Tim, If it's alright with you I'll mail a check to you versus paypal (don't have..don't bloody understand)

God Bless

Edited to say that I type tooo dang slow. Tim, saw the info posted above  Thanks.

P.S. Goatboy, you type waayyy fast [:D]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
[b]Castle Arms, Inc.
401 South Front Street
Quincy, IL 62301[/b]

Please make sure your check or money order is made payable to "Castle Arms", but also be sure to make the memo line as "Hero's Fund"!

Also make sure to mark the envelope as "Hero's Fund" as well, so it won't get mixed up with our other mail.
View Quote

Thanks.  The check is on its way.

Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I just got back home and to be honest expected some sort of "backlash" from others here... I understand every point each person has, I understand we all have a duty to our families and friends which MUST come first. This is simple a means for us to honor our brothers. (Yeah yeah I have said this shit too often...)

Reading the last few posts have again validated my time and money invested into this place. This isn't a "website" about guns, this is a family and a brotherhood. My vow is to NEVER let this place go under. During this year's hard work alone I have wanted to quit, to walk away from this mess and put it behind me. I have on several occasion taken offense to some things and some people and wished I had never allowed this place to exist. Over the past few months some of our brothers have come through some rough times and I've had the honor of speaking to them, meeting them, and most of all honoring and thanking them. We've come together time and time again for one another and all I can say in these dark hours is that come what may, AMERICA will ALWAYS prevail.

I ask that you guys not give rifles to this fund. The offer is too much. Please keep them close and we'll find other ways to get the funds. If perhaps you guys have a few mags or accessories you'd rather donate, I and many others would gladly pay for them to make the difference. I cannot ask of ANYONE to give up so much and implore you to simply find another way.

I've just sent another paypal payment to help bolster the cause and make a decent impact on it.

-- GB

Guys this isn't something you MUST do. This is simply something we felt was an honor to pay to some guys who represent the very best from us and from this country. If you can't support this financially, please take a moment to thank them for their tireless efforts, everything matters and your voices matter MUCH more than a rifle ever could.

"United we stand, divided we fall."
View Quote

I hear what you are saying, I know its a lot to offer.  However, I fear that the cost of 3 rifles is WAY out there and you might not make it.  I have other rifles, I will move on...[;D]

In any event, this rifle is currently resting quietly in the safe.  It is here it will stay until A)The necessary funds are donated or, B)It is called upon to serve this noble cause.  I will not fire it again.  Sorry, you can drag me kicking and screaming down the street, it is here for the taking.  (provided RRA offers a fair 'credit' for it.  otherwise, we will have to try and sell it to a member and donate the cash)

I will post again with an accessory or two that I can offer up to the fund as well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#40]
As to the part of "just doing there jobs" I don't think any of them are just doing this for the overtime pay. I doubt any of them are just working there regular 9 to 5 and just going home to the wife and kids. Most of the people there are working on zero sleep and have been since day one. Not because they have to,not becuase its the right thing to do. The reason is they have the will and determination to see it done and then a whole lot more that most will never understand.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Hi folks , I'm posting this to bring attention to everyone here the duty one of our own has performed during this disaster.

Ronin45 ( John ) is a member of our ESU and has been in ground zero performing some very dangerous deep penetration searhes for survivors . He has been working tirelessly since Tuesday at a great risk to his life . If you know John you would understand that he would not hesitate to take on any assignment regardless of the danger .

I'm not posting this so that he can get some material benefit, but rather to let folks here know about his excellant duty to our city ,and country.

God Bless America
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#42]
God Bless Guys.

PayPal on the way.

XM777
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#43]
I have some other things to donate to the cause:

Surefire Model 678 Tactical Light with two mounts: Clamp for AR front sight post and Weaver ring for accessory rails.  This light has barely been used (its still on the original battery).  With the Weaver mount its $300 new. --one of the screws in the sight post mount broke, it should be easy to replace, just a small flathead screw for a few pennies, you should know this though. [blue]**NO LONGER AVAILABLE**[/blue]

Bi level rail for carry handle upper.  Lower/forward rail can have accessories mounted on the top as well as both sides.  Don't know manufacturer as it was purchased at a gun show.  It was $45 and looks in very good condition (almost new). [blue] **NO LONGER AVAILABLE**[/blue]

BSA 30MM red dot scope.  Always worked fine for me.  Always kept zero.  Probably worth $30-$40?  Battery is almost dead, needs replacement. [blue]**NO LONGER AVAILABLE**[/blue]

Bushmaster A2 buttstock/spring/buffer.  Is just about brand new.  Took off my "Shorty AK" and replaced with their fixed tele stock soon after buying the rifle.  Bushmaster sells for $75. [blue]**NO LONGER AVAILABLE**[/blue]

I will have to go looking and see what else I've got.  Sorry I don't have pics of this stuff.

Anyone and everyone please make an offer on this stuff.  I will have you pay the funds directly to antiUSSA.  I will ship once I get confirmation of payment from him.  Please post your offers here so others will hopefully be inspired to give!  I will check back as often as I can and will sell to first REASONABLE offer based on post times.

If you are interested in any of this stuff, please make a reasonable offer.  I am not looking for profit here, just a fair offer to help support this fund.

Thanks [:)]

[blue]Well, that was quick!  I have been dragged, kicking and screaming, into a sale![;)]  antiUSSA, look for money comin' your way from our favorite staff member!  Everyone, just because all this stuff is no longer available doesn't mean you shouldn't still donate.  $10, $15, whatever, IT ALL ADDS UP![/blue]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#45]
I did not mean to disrespect anyone by my first post.  If I did, I apologize.  I have the utmost respect for all the heroes in NYC and yes I think they all deserve something special.  I would like to contribute and I will.  I just want to make sure that those who need the financial help will get it.  I am sure that more than enough funds will be collected and the extra money will go to a good and worthy cause.  Paypal on the way.

Keep up the good work.  We love you.

Sydwaiz
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#46]
antiUSSA,

Count me in.  Look for the PayPal notification.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#47]
You guys are making me cry.  Once again, I am proud to be a member alongside so many caring and wonderful people.  PayPal on the way!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#48]
[red][b]I am damn proud to belong to a family like this!!!![/b][/red]

Paypal is on the way. [:D]  

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, since I am unemployed, I have maxed out my credit cards. So can I send a small amount in a form of a check instead? Let me know. I will get it out tomorrow.

OOOPPPSS Nevermind. I just read the 2nd page of the post and saw that checks are accepted. I will send one out tomorrow.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top