Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2006 7:05:51 PM EDT
Background:

I recently completed my certification as a CA POST Level II Reserve Officer and was hoping to join a local agency here in CA, however there has been a shift in my plans... .   I'll be moving to Colorado within the next two months.

Question:  For those who have gone through an academy in CO, can you make a recommendation about the one you attended, and which ones have the best pickup rate, as I will be attending as non-affiliated.

Thanks in advance,
MM
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:32:18 AM EDT
[#1]
north or south Colorado?

Look into Aims community college and Red Rocks Community College. There is also one in Trinidad, IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#2]
In the Denver area:

Arapaho Community College
Red Rocks

North of Denver:

Aims in Greeley

Some agencies have their own:

CSP
Denver
Aurora
Jefferson County
Colorado Springs

Find an agency that you are interested in and speak with a recruiter.  They should give you recomendations based on what they are looking for.  If they have their own academy, you usually have to repeat the entire course even if you are already POST certified.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#3]
For the western part of the state, Colorado Mountain College has one in Glenwood Springs, and there is one in Delta.  Have you checked with Colorado POST to see if they will accept your California cert?  When I worked for a CO agency, we hired a guy who only had to do a 2-week mini-academy.  I don't really know how it worked, though.  Good luck!
dp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top