Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 5:49:53 PM EDT
Anyone know of a good place (online catalog would be great) that sells badge wallets.  I prefer to carry two wallets one with DL, cash, bank card and a second for my badge and ID.  I know it may sound odd, but when I was in plain clothes I carried two wallets daily for about six years and really got used to it.  Now I am uniform and no longer issued a badge wallet.  

Since all it will carry is the badge and ID the holder doesn't need to have all the slots for credit cards, pictures, and stuff.  But it does need to be for a non-recessed (uniform style) badge.  I looked at Perfect Fit and Galls, but can't really find anything decent.  Anyone have any suggestions, or know of a company that does semi-custom work (a Milt Sparks or Mitch Rosen quality for badge wallets).  

Thanks in advance.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Hate to be a spoil-sport,but carry you r badge on a belt clip. carry it backwords on the pants,badge against you.Badge clip over pants,belt over clip.Only thing that shows is a small piece of metal over your pants.If it is by your belt buckle, no-one will notice.If you get robbed and they find a second wallet and open it--screwed big time.About 25 years ago it happenned to a guy named Jordan.A county policeman off-duty in the city(St.Louis)schmuck found his badge in his wallet and started shooting in front of Jordan's kid.Dying act was to shoot robber,who lived to trial and execution.      Just thinking of our well-being.    stay safe
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
www.Galls.com
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't say where to buy them, but Strong makes the one I carry, it's a simple ID case, ID on one side and recessed for badge on the other side.

Perfect Fit, Inc makes the belt clip badge holder I have (it also has a chain that fits in a small pocket behind badge when you don't need it.

HTH
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I've used one from Entemann-Rovin Corp. for 3 years now.  It's held up great and there are many different styles.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:38:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I carried one from Strong for years.  Now I just keep my PD ID in my regular wallet and carry my badge on a clip in my pocket.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:28:41 AM EDT
[#6]
You make a good point, the badge inside the belt is a good idea, I never thought of that, but they will likely find the police ID when they open up the wallet.....so no matter what you do, 2 wallets or hiding the badge, you are still vulnerable.

I carry my creds in a leather wallet style holder and tuck my drivers license and FOP card in behind the ID.  

I keep everything else in a regular wallet that has nothing in it other than an old "walkers ID" (technically illegal to keep one AND have a DL....oh well...) money, credit cards and other plastic cards.  

Also, I carry no phone numbers, e-mail addresses or family photos in it either....they are on my cell phone which does not have any of my personal info in it.

Quoted:
Hate to be a spoil-sport,but carry you r badge on a belt clip. carry it backwords on the pants,badge against you.Badge clip over pants,belt over clip.Only thing that shows is a small piece of metal over your pants.If it is by your belt buckle, no-one will notice.If you get robbed and they find a second wallet and open it--screwed big time.About 25 years ago it happenned to a guy named Jordan.A county policeman off-duty in the city(St.Louis)schmuck found his badge in his wallet and started shooting in front of Jordan's kid.Dying act was to shoot robber,who lived to trial and execution.      Just thinking of our well-being.    stay safe

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Two of the best manufacturers:

Perfect Fit Badge Cases

Strong Badge Cases
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#8]
forgot to say... my dept ID is BEHIND my other stuff. I know where it is ,and can produce it quickly,but a fast look for cash by a robber isn't going to see it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:46:16 PM EDT
[#9]
im also a big fan of the clip with the badge worn on the inside of my pants...and i have a slim wallet i keep my 2 work id's seperate from my wallet...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Badge on the clip.  I don't carry ID otherwise unless I travel.  If I come across a rookie he can call dispatch and check my employee number. (Which he should be doing in the first place)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top