Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 8:18:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
They have these at Wal-Mart too. The tailcap sucks, but the LED upgrade is worth it. You can buy the LED upgrade without the tailcap here in Oklahoma for about $4.00 at Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:23:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Before I got the conversion, I bought a Streamlight Jr. Luxeon. The light output is MUCH MUCH better than the 3 little LED's in the convsersion kit. The Luxeon JR. actually uses a 1 wayy Luxeon LED.

If you factor in the cost of the Mini-Mag, plus the conversion, it's about the same, and the Streamlight wins. Something to think about also.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought one but could never get the click-on tail switch to work.  It seemed like the new bezel for head was screwed too far out, so that the batteries weren't able to make contact.  Switched back the the old tail cap & it works fine.  It's very bright.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:47:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#6]
FWIW ... here's another hint for those who don't have the LED conversion on their mini-mags and are tired of breaking the lamps.   Dismantle the mini till you get the reflector alone. Get a good selection of small drill bits and find the one that just slides into the lamp hole. Then get the next closest size up (maybe 1/16" bigger) and drill out the lamp hole. The filament-mount lamp of the minis "deflects" and breaks against its own reflector when dropped.  No more ... you may burn one out but you'll seldom break one again, and you'll never notice less light.  Hope it's not a dupe.   Stay safe
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I really like that LED upgrade kit for the mini mags.  I wouldn't go out and buy a maglight and upgrade kit, but I have so many of these dman things that it's nice to give new life for an outdated technology light.  I like the size and feel of the mini mags, not to mention that at work they are all over the place and used to store dead batteries.  I have tool belts and pouches galore for them.  They also fit in the MOLE straps nice and snug without any pouch.  I like the "lock out feature" of the bezel and tail button.  But I found that the tail button has no real advantage anyway.  This is by no means a "tactical" light, but great for a car, desk, kitchen, toolbox, or kids for when you need a light you can grab, use, and not be afraid to lose.  Besides, leavig my surefire in my tool box just doesn't seem right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top