Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 1:09:12 PM EDT
OK, I don't have any links for the story yet but my brother works for the NCSHP.  One of his co-worker's son is a suspect in a double murder.  The son broke into the dad's house a while back and stole some firearms.  Last night my brother has the assignment of staying at the co-worker's house to help provide protection for him.  They have reason to believe that he might want to take his dad out too.  The son was caught in Myrtle Beach, SC this morning, so says my bro.

Sad day for the family of that guy, and the people he killed too.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
This has happened before, very sad.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:46:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't heard this yet.  Need to make some phone calls.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:55:09 AM EDT
[#3]
txgp17 PM out to you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Horry County Stand Off Ends Peacefully
Elise Olson
WBTW News13
Saturday, March 25, 2006

Horry County authorities got a tip this morning about a murder suspect in their backyard.

Officials in Richmond County, North Carolina warned them that a man wanted in 2 homicides, might be in the longs community.

"As a result of the investigation we were able to determine where the people were. We made a phone call to the house," says Carr.

North Carolina authorities were on the lookout for 25-year-old Daniel Defoe.

Police say inside the home was a family member of Defoe's girlfriend.

Authorities say the pair only stayed one night and the family had no idea Defoe was a wanted man.

"We were able to get the three other people who were in the house out of the house. Which left the two people who North Carolina had warrants for," says Carr.

Police sent a speaker-equipped robot inside the home, demanding that the suspects surrender.

Meanwhile, neighbors spent hours behind a roadblock wondering if their family members were okay.

"It was just a couple people in you're neighborhood. Not who lived here. So it's not any of your neighbors," says Carr.

North Carolina officials say Defoe murdered 2 people in the past 2 weeks. They found both bodies yesterday.

"The 2 people are going to be taken back to North Carolina by Richmond County sheriff's office," says Carr.

Police used no weapons, and plan on pressing no local charges against the pair.

Defoe and his girlfriend, Tiffany Strickland, will face more charges in North Carolina. Officials charged Strickland as an accessory. Both Defoe and Strickland face burglary and breaking-and-entering charges.
This story can be found at: www.wbtw.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WBTW/MGArticle/BTW_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1137834945564
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#5]
When Illinois still had a death row, a convict named Aaron Patterson was there. He is the son of a retired Chicago PD Lt. This guy was a dick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top