Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 6:25:30 PM EDT
Well, I've decided public service is the way I want to go.  Whether that's police or fire, whichever comes first works for me.  Currently SP in the Air Force, and was working on a degree for local police departments, but the fire fighting gig appealed to me quite a bit too.

Anyways, I test on the 25th for Vancouver Fire Dept. with the Public Safety Testing program.  The scores will go towards a paid position and a volunteer position.  Quite frankly, I'd be happy with either one.  If anything, the volunteer position will lead right into a paid position eventually.

Now I just need to have this PCL tear hurry up and heal so I can do the physical agility test with them...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Best of luck to you!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Best of luck to you!

Thanks! :D

I just gotta get that damned hose roll down
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#3]
you'll get it--amazing what 18wks of rookie school can do for ya!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]
kind of funny the title of this because my father is a firefighter but he says I chose the dark side and became a cop.  I tried the fire thing but not enough action for me.  Hose jockeys are heros, Cops wish they were firemen.  good luck in whatever you do.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:45:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Do it!  

Trade the gun in for a pillow!  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#7]
And a recliner!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:36:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Alright, so my test is in two days.  Public Safety Testing administers the testing, and I've gone through the study guide they've given me.  A little rusty on the math, but I should be ok.  105 questions on the test, then 50 personality questions after that.  2 1/2 hours total test time.  I guess the whole thing is the NFSI.  No picture study questions though :x
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:20:36 AM EDT
[#9]
best of luck to you

let us know what you decide
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
best of luck to you

let us know what you decide

Thanks, will do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top