Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 6:37:11 PM EDT
OK, so I'm in a Judicial Process class, finishing up my CJ degree and my professor told us tonight in class that we can get 15 points added to our most recent test grade if we bring in information of a case where a suspect confessed to a crime involuntarily and the confession was not allowed in court. Any ideas? Any help at all would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Miranda
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats what I was thinking. Miranda was the first to come to my mind, Are there any others that come to mind?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#3]
illinois vs escobedo 1964 - must cease questioning and provide counsel after suspect requests

brown vs. mississippi 1937 - can't beat it out of em.

edit..actually look up the brown v miss. case.  it was a case based on the suspects' confessions to a murder.  It was learned later that one of the suspects was hanged from a tree and beaten before confessing, so it was tossed out.

dont use miranda - everyone else will
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top