Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 6:18:33 PM EDT
Well I've been working undercover narcotics with a federal task force for two years and it's come to an end.  My Department (County Sheriff's) and the Indianapolis Police Department are merging this year and I've decided that the best place to be is back on the street.  I'm looking forward to getting some supervisory experiece (I was promoted after transferring into narcotics) but the thing I'm really excited about is getting back on the S.W.A.T. team.  I left the team a year and a half ago and I've talked with the team commander and I'm going back on the team in two weeks!!!  I was a sniper on the team previously but I don't know what I'll be doing this time, doesn't really matter to me.

Gonna be a big adjustment, most of the people in my neighborhood don't even know I'm a LEO (just moved here 6 months ago) and I'm used to trying to hide my identity from most.  I'm looking forward to it though.

Just felt like sharing.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
<snip>

I've decided that the best place to be is back on the street.     Good for you

the thing I'm really excited about is getting back on the S.W.A.T. team.   Really good for you...your either SWAT or your not

I don't know what I'll be doing this time, doesn't really matter to me.  Target boy

Best of luck!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:47:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome back to the backbone, PATROL!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome back to Patrol, time to shave the goteeSounds like the future is looking pretty Damn good for you, enjoy!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome back to the great patrol division.  I am sure you wont have to much rust to work out.

Be Safe
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I made Sgt while in narc's and I've got a few uniforms that still fit.  Barely.

I get started bright and early in the mornin!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I went back into the bag after four years UC/Narcotics.  Stayed on eve shift (1500-2330) thank God!!, and no, the uniform did not still fit.  I didn't even get a promotion  .  I still feel like it was a good move, but often consider going back, as I left on good terms (just needed a change....started a family and all), and the door would still be open for a return per my NCO.  Welcome back to "The Road"!!!  Be safe out there!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#8]
About a month ago, I was sent back to patrol after 6 years in investigations. I was also promoted to Sgt while in investigations.  Man what a blast like starting all over again, only knowing a LOT more. No more waiting on the telephone ring and worrying about what happens tomorrow, etc.

I have since been asked to take over training and flatly refused, I love being back in patrol and plan n finishing my career here. I am halfway there only 14 years to go.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:18:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't like to armchair quarterback other people but they definitely do some things on that show that I don't personally agree with.  It is unfortunate that everyone in the L.E. community gets labeled by the actions of a few.  There are many different personality types in this business and even more different ways of doing business but all LEO's are assumed to be cut from the same cloth by a lot of people.  I do what I can to change the negative perceptions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top