Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 7:27:35 AM EDT

My prefered method of travel during the majority of the year in Ga is my motorcycle. Is there any legal reason I can't ride my bike to the range with my rifle on a sling? or strapped to the seat?

I posted that in the Ga forum but didn't get a response from LEO so I'm going to ask again here.

Really just interested in Ga law because I don't ride the bike out of state.

Thanks

James.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a 9 year GA LEO.  It is absolutley legal for you to ride your motorcycle with your rifle strapped onto your back.  My only recommendation is for you to have it in a rifle bag of some sort and to have it unloaded (only so that you don't get hassled too much should you get stopped by the police).  I know of guys who place thier rifles in a guitar case as well.  

What county are you in?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.

I'm in spalding co.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah hes definitely right, i wont leave the house unless my rifle is either in some sort of case or in my truck in its overhead lock, although legal to have a rifle in open view, theres no telling how many people youre going to scare the hell out of on the highway or how people will react. could you imagine pulling up at a light next to a guy with a helmet covering his face and a big freaking gun over his shoulder, it screams psycho!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top