Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 2:53:10 AM EDT
Had to go to my attorney's office to give a deposition in regards to a lawsuit against me because of an arrest I made a few years back.  This attorney taking my deposition was the biggest asshole in the world asking me such things as cell #, ss#, my girlfriend's name, etc.  Didn't answer because that is priveledged information he can't have.  He gets so mad he stops the deposition makes some legal BS threats then comments on my spyderco clipped on my pocket.  When I go to leave two cops from two different agencies are standing by the door waiting for me.  They were told that a crazy guy in a white uniform had a knife sticking out his pocket.  Pretty damn vindictive and a desperate ass to me.  Of course, nothing happened to me.  

How do you guys keep your cool in such a hostile environment like my deposition was because of this ass?  It takes alot to get me mad but he managed to have me shaking I was so mad after I left.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:26:40 AM EDT
[#1]
My cousin vinnie pays that guy a visit.  No more prob.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:33:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Had to go to my attorney's office to give a deposition in regards to a lawsuit against me because of an arrest I made a few years back.  This attorney taking my deposition was the biggest asshole in the world asking me such things as cell #, ss#, my girlfriend's name, etc.  Didn't answer because that is priveledged information he can't have.  He gets so mad he stops the deposition makes some legal BS threats then comments on my spyderco clipped on my pocket.  When I go to leave two cops from two different agencies are standing by the door waiting for me.  They were told that a crazy guy in a white uniform had a knife sticking out his pocket.  Pretty damn vindictive and a desperate ass to me.  Of course, nothing happened to me.  

How do you guys keep your cool in such a hostile environment like my deposition was because of this ass?  It takes alot to get me mad but he managed to have me shaking I was so mad after I left.  

i thought you wore a colored uniform..
oh, i get it.  you were in disguise  

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:24:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Isn't anything new in the lawyer world.  You get used to them.  Start charging them an hourly rate for depositions.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Had a lawyer try to get under my skin last year during a deposition for a lawsuit. Pissed him off when it didn't work, but nothing came of it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#5]
play it cool. do not get made and blow up, He will use it
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1 they like to see if they can get under your skin so during trial they can make you look bad.  Don`t let him win.  Even though its hard sometimes.  Its a game to him and he is trying to play you.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 they like to see if they can get under your skin so during trial they can make you look bad.  Don`t let him win.  Even though its hard sometimes.  Its a game to him and he is trying to play you.

+2 You did good by playing it cool.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#8]
At least you were not wearing a holster....
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#9]
The best way on annoying an annoying attorney is to not let him annoy you at all.  It will either just piss him off that his interogation skill has no effect or he will just give it up.  Don't ever give them even the slightest indication you think he is an asshat.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#10]
You controled your temper, now it is your turn to have some fun. Call his wife and introduce yourself as his gay lover. Tell her that you thought she should know that you may have given him aids.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Doh!

Ahh, lawyers...cannot shoot 'em....oh wait :)  Go Dick!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#13]
The key is to only answer the question, and only if you understand it. Otherwise ask them for clarification. Keep your answers short and to the point. Don't volunteer information. If you don't think the question is appropriate, consult with your attorney. A lot of these guys and gals are legends in their own mind and lose it when they have to work at it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The key is to only answer the question, and only if you understand it. Otherwise ask them for clarification. Keep your answers short and to the point. Don't volunteer information. If you don't think the question is appropriate, consult with your attorney. A lot of these guys and gals are legends in their own mind and lose it when they have to work at it.

Lawyer: Jadams, do you know what time it is?
Jadams: Yes sir I do.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:07:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lawyer: Jadams, do you know what time it is?
Jadams: Yes sir I do.

Funny he asked what year I was born so I say it.

Then he asks what day I am born.  I say...I don't know.  He gets pissed saying you  don't know your own birthday and I say yes I do.  He says than why did you say you don't know.  My response was I don't know what day of the week it was.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Easy. Just keep smiling, be cool as a cucumber, and be polite as hell. It will not be easy, but always keep in the back of your mind that the calmer and more polite you are, the more pissed off the scumbag attorney will be........
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Qustion from a nonLEO: I always thought that you guys could carry in court houses since you are LEOs.  Just wondering.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top