Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 6:27:37 PM EDT
I will likely be moving to Phoenix in a little over a year and I like the look of the Dept. so far from what I have read on the internet.  Anyone here work for them and want to share an opinion?  Pay seems decent.  If I don't get on right away I am thinking about the reserves to get my foot in the door.  Reserves look like almost full police work without the pay, but I would like the pay at some time.

How often do they recruit?  
Any idea what the number of officer involved shootings is down there in a year?
Good dept. in general?
Problems if any?

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't work for Phoenix PD but I do know they are in need of personal.  I also heard they have fair amount of personal due to retire here soon.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Do yourself a favor and look at Goodyear, Glendale, and Peoria.  I work for phoenix.

Ever wonder why they are in such dire need of officers.........
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#3]
High turnover due to bad management?  Just a guess.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top