Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 9:37:54 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend some tactical gloves for LEO everyday work. They need to be skin tight, good grip, and most of all, be able to maintain good dexterity. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I wear the Mechanix original in Covert (BLK/BLK) These are the best gloves I have used in 12 years of street work. The are around $20-$25 and my last pair lasted about 1 year, but were only replaced because they were the camo version, and were replaced by the covert.

I have worn them during two 8 hour pistol courses and a 2 day carbine course and can say without hesitation that they offer excellent dexterity.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I injured my hand a while back so I love the Oakley "tactical" gloves,   they are actually motorcross gloves ;-)  but they sell more by marketing them as "tactical" but they are still awesome if a bit pricey

also get a pair atleast 1 size larger then you usually wear
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:45:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Can anyone recommend some tactical gloves for LEO everyday work. They need to be skin tight, good grip, and most of all, be able to maintain good dexterity. Thanks.

Gloves are like shoes... you have to try them on to find what fits best. Like it or not, it's the best answer I can give you. Hatch probably has the best variety.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:16:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I own both the Mechanix and the Oakley MTBs. At around $70 for the Oakleys, I would highly recommend you try first for size or buy from Lightfighter or someone who'll let you exchange in case they don't fit. I ordered XL even though I don't have big hands and they're fine. FWIW I'd say the Mechanix are even more "dexterous".  Neither one will give much cut/puncture/bloodborne protection.  I like/use both.   Stay safe
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:23:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I use "Hatch Operator" they are made of Kevlar and Kangaroo leather. Good frisk gloves but they don't keep my hands warm.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I wear the Mechanix original in Covert (BLK/BLK) These are the best gloves I have used in 12 years of street work.

+1 for Mechanix...but I've only been on the job for 10 years
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I wear Youngstown Equipments Tradesmen XT gloves at work.  They have a soft synthetic leather palm, which provides decent grip and allows for great dexterity.  They are pretty thin, so you can pick up most things off the ground, but also funtion well to provide some cut resistance.  

The logo on the side, in yellow is easily blacked out with a sharpie...mine have served me well...

Tradesmen XT
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I tried another officers the other day and they were like a second skin and were very grippy. I found out yesterday that they were Damascus Stealth X with Airprene. So I ordered a pair from Galls today. They were very good gloves with great dexterity, like a said a second skin. They were only $24 so I won't be to dissappointed if they don;t last a whole year. Anyway, they are perfect for shooting or patrol, ect, where you need to be able to do everything you would normally do without gloves. Damascus has a very good warranty also. Thanks for the help though everyone.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Nike batting gloves.

I'd rather feel what's about to poke me and work around it than hope that the needle that I cant feel wont go through my gloves
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top