Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 2:25:50 PM EDT
Took a fraud complaint from a guy who said he met a woman in late December on Match.com.  They emailed for a couple weeks and whatever she said was enough to get him all wiggley inside.  She asked if it would be ok to Fed Ex him some cashiers checks and if he'd be good enough to deposit them in his account and then Western Union the money back to her in her home in..... Lagos Nigeria.  He said ok, got the checks on the next Tuesday, wired her the total of $9400. on Wednesday and on Friday learned the checks were...are you ready........fraudulent.  Then he asks what woudl be the chances are of getting his money back!  
I guess this is job security as much as evidence of the dumbing-down of America.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell him the only way to get his money back is to go to Nigeria and talk to the local authorities there.  When he doesnt come back one less to worry about.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I dont think people are ever goin to realize how real this stuff is.  Some people are very gulible and easy to trick.

All I can say is sucks for him, b/c he will probably never see the money again.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:11:03 AM EDT
[#4]
[coldheartlessbastard]Well gee, maybe if they have more success doing this routine, I'll quit getting spam from "DOctor MisTEr KlatthU BaRArda NiktO" with a subject line "DEAR FREINDLY:" [/coldheartlessbastard]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Shit...A guy at work was trying to buy a puppy (English bulldog) online, at this site called "puppyfinder".
He found one he liked and emailed the seller about it.

The guy writes back and tells him to send the money, and he can pick up the dog two days after the funds clear.

He writes back and says he would rather come with cash, and take the dog home that day.

Seller responds saying no, he has to pay for the dog UP FRONT, and then wait two days...EVEN if he pays in cash.

So, my co-worker wrote back and asked why he had to wait two days...

He recieved this almost non-sensical reply that was obviously written with an auto translator, it went something like this:

"Two days nice, pay first dog nice. I have for dog with money" and some other gibberish.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#6]
"A fool and his money....."
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Stupid should be illegal.

If felony stupid were illegal, none of us would have jobs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top