Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 3:32:49 PM EDT
My submission is silk "thermal" underwear. Bought 4 longsleeve mock T-s make from silk and after two months they are rapidly coming undone. The area of the neck rubs on my 5 o'clock shadow and is fuzzy. Warm, but not rugged enough.

Did ASP ever fix the defect in their polymer handcuffs?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Did ASP ever fix the defect in their polymer handcuffs?

Yup. All the defective ones (ones with red double lock indicators) were recalled and no longer available for purchase. They were replaced with a newer version (identified by the yellow double lock indicator).......
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Any paddle holster made by Fobus.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Those big aluminum clipboard thingies with the opening lid. What a waste of friggin' money! The $0.50 clipboards work better.

Big yellow PVC raincoat. When you need it, it's frozen in the shape of a ball in the trunk.

Fancy plastic seat organizer. You know, the ones with the molded cuff holders? A nice bag works better and is easier to move.

+1 on the silk undies!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#5]
IMHO UnderArmour ColdGear isn't particularly warm, and there's no fly, which makes taking an emergency piss with a gunbelt on a little tricky.

The shoelaces I got with my last pair of Hi-Tec Magnum Midnights broke in a month.  I replaced them with black 550 cord, much better.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Anything by Uncle Mikes, especially holsters

Anything by Fobus, especially the holsters.....and especially, especially, the ankle holsters

Gould and Goodrich K-force Synthetic leather gear. The belts are great, the peripherals, not so much,

thats all I can think of right now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1

galls leather gear sucks too, Uncle Mikes sucks as well
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
IMHO UnderArmour ColdGear isn't particularly warm, and there's no fly, which makes taking an emergency piss with a gunbelt on a little tricky.

The newer Coldgear have a fly now (about time).
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:18:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Don Hume duty holsters. I got one a two years ago. It lost its shape in less than 6 months. I literally
became unsafe and unusable. I called them after I saw that the new ones were kydex lined. They said they could not do anything cause the holster was so old. The only thing the woul offer is to sale me one of the new ones for 1/2 off of full retail. I have had a G and G for the last 9 months and love it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:20:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The word FOBUS and "Duty Gear" should not be mentioned in the same sentence
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:52:22 AM EDT
[#11]
OKLA-LAWMAN, sorry to hear bout Hume. Sad when  a ocal compnay has issues like this. FWIW, the new Kydex lined Hume holsters are VERY nice.

If you still want to buy local, Looper has a new line of duty holsters that are killer. I would own one right now if I wasnt hooked on the SLS safariland. There is no gripe from anyone about Looper. best leather gear made, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:39:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:10:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'll go out on a limb and add Hi Techs (Magnums).  As comfortable as they are and as much as I wanted to like them, they just don't last.  I have never had a pair that lasted much longer than a year.  

I know they have some new models, so hopefully they are built a little better than the Magnums.

Now that you mention it... I had a pair of Magnums once that actually held up pretty good. Until my dog got hungry one day and chewed them down from 8" to 6".

My Danner Acadias, however, are still going strong at 9 years w/ only one resoling.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'll go out on a limb and add Hi Techs (Magnums).  As comfortable as they are and as much as I wanted to like them, they just don't last.  I have never had a pair that lasted much longer than a year.  

I know they have some new models, so hopefully they are built a little better than the Magnums.

My Oakley boots started falling apart after about 7 or 8 months. But I never had a more comforatable boot.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:15:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I have some Super Magnums. The only difference was they had the metal clip kinda things at the top of the boot to run the laces around instead of the standard eyelet.

The soles tend to get stiff in the cold and lose traction. The metal eyelets snag on your pants. But they are nice when its warm out!

And I agree. Fobus and Uncle Mikes holsters and such are less then perfect.

On the other hand the free embroidered gear bag Taser gave me is good to go!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:20:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I always had good luck with Hi-Tecs, but you're right, they're not the most durable things in the world.  When I was in the Corps, I made the mistake of taking a 50' fast rope with them on while wearing full gear, and the damn things melted on me!

Of course, that's not in my mission profile right now.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:09:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Hi-Tec and Rocky boots.  I have bought my last pair of both. From now on, I'll just bitch about the price and get the Danners.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a pair of Thorogood boots.  They hold one hell of a shine, but it feels like you're walking on concrete in your bare feet.  No heel or arch support.  I'm just glad I found Danner before my feet hurt too badly.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Hi-Tech boots
Rocky boots
Anything bearing the "galls" name (though they do sell good stuff made by name brand manufacturers)
Anything made by Samson, Uncle Mikes, Fobus
Any of those CPR mouth shields.  You gotta have the full mask with 02 hookup/bag hookup capability.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top