Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:42:20 AM EDT
Hey Guys and Gals,
Here is a copy of an e-mail I have sent out to local businesses, and Industry partners. I am looking to raise funds to help with the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial fund. The NLEO is building a multi million dollar museum to honor our lost brothers and sisters.
I am organizing a series of Golf tournaments here in Maryland. Tournaments are divided into four jurisdictions, City, County, State, and Federal. We are hoping to get full fields for each tournament (120 Players per tournament) The top six teams of each tournament will play in a final tournament, determinant the top three teams, agency wide. All proceeds from the tournaments will be presented to the NLEOF during Police Week 2006. I am looking for sponsorships, and players, for all of the tournaments. The cost is 125.00 per player, and will include:
Cart, greens fees, Grilled Buffet,BEER, and covers the winning foursomes final rounds of Golf.
if you have any questions or suggestions please contact me at IM or [email protected]
If any out of state folks wish to join us, I will house you, while you are in town
Thanks for your time,
Sean P
Irish317

The purpose of this e-mail is for a cause close to my heart and that is raising funds for the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund.  I am organizing a series of Golf Tournaments to aid in this endeavor.  I am asking that you participate as sponsors for this event.  I have need for Corporate, Hole Sponsors and Prize donations.  Each donation will be recognized by a sign  on the designated hole, company name and promotion announced at the tournaments and at Police Week 2006 in Washington DC.  I am asking for $100 for hole sponsors.  Corporate Sponsorships are available for  $1, 000 and $2,000, however sponsorships in any amount are greatly appreciated. Police Week is an annual event that is held to honor Law Enforcement Officers who have been killed in the line of duty.  Most often their children and families are in attendance wearing a picture of their fallen loved one over their hearts.  This event is very well attended and spans over a 4 day period.  The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund is currently raising monies to build a museum to recognize all of those who have lost their lives.  The golf tournaments will be held at Musket Ridge Golf Club in Myersville, Maryland.  The course is rated one of the top 5 in the state. As well, whoever would like to make the trip and play in the City Police Tournament, I will put you up in my home, and pay your greens fees, come on it will be FUN :-) There will be three separate tournaments: 1)Baltimore City Police Dept, 2)Montgomery County PD 3) Prince Georges County PD,4) The Fed's 5) and a play off tourney with the 6 best foursomes from each group. On behalf of all of my brothers who have gone before me and their surviving families, I want to thank you in advance for your support in this worth while cause.  It is when we band together as brothers that the greatest feats are accomplished.  

Sincerely, Sean P. Ruane
Detective Baltimore City Police Department
601 E. Fayette Street Baltimore Maryland 21202

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:23:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay,
I came up with another idea for hole sponsers! Grab 10 guys and or gals from your shift and become a hole sponser (100.00) Your dept name and division will go on a sign at a hole. I need 18 holes X 4!!!!
Joe at SKD Tactical has sponsered the first hole on the first 18....Thanks Joe to you
Thanks again,
Sean
Art did you get my IM?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Wish i was closer as well, love to have a team come down and play.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:47:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Wish you were closer as well, It is going to be a great time, and most importantly it is for a good cause! Perhaps you and a few buddies could sponser a hole? 100 bucks....Get 10 buddies at 10 bucks each, were in Each hole sponser will have a sign posted at a hole with their dept name and unit deignation.
Ex: This hole is sponsered by the
     Baltimore Police Department
     Response Unit

Thanks again,
Sean

Art I meant to say E-mail
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:58:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wish you were closer as well, It is going to be a great time, and most importantly it is for a good cause! Perhaps you and a few buddies could sponser a hole? 100 bucks....Get 10 buddies at 10 bucks each, were in Each hole sponser will have a sign posted at a hole with their dept name and unit deignation.
Ex: This hole is sponsered by the
     Baltimore Police Department
     Response Unit

Thanks again,
Sean

Art I meant to say E-mail

I talk to some of the guys and see what I can do.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Ed,
Hey Guys to Ed Sr. on his two hole sponsor!
Thanks again Ed,
Sean
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:03:55 AM EDT
[#11]
BUMP
Hey guys any luck?
Talk to you soon,
Sean
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:36:17 AM EDT
[#13]
2nd and 3rd week of April. I will have exact dates posted soon!

Thanks again,
Sean
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:16:19 AM EDT
[#14]
BUMP....Any luck with hole sponsors guys??????????????

Thanks,
Sean
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#15]
BTT...Come on you cheap bastards
You guys are weak! I have exactly 6 hole ssponsors from members/Industry partners on this site.
Ed Sr with 2 hole sponsors
Operation Parts with a hole sponsor
SKD Tactical with a hole sponsor
Bravo Company
Brightflashlights
Folks who have stepped forward, I THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Now I know Cops are stingy, but damn. Get together with some co-workers and pitch in 10 bucks x 10 buddies and we got a hole sponsor.
10 stinking ass dollars...............Think about it
I get nothing from this....But remember the reality of it all, your family may one day

Slightly disturbed,
Sean
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
BTT...Come on you cheap bastards
You guys are weak! I have exactly 6 hole ssponsors from members/Industry partners on this site.
Ed Sr with 2 hole sponsors
Operation Parts with a hole sponsor
SKD Tactical with a hole sponsor
Bravo Company
Brightflashlights
Folks who have stepped forward, I THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Now I know Cops are stingy, but damn. Get together with some co-workers and pitch in 10 bucks x 10 buddies and we got a hole sponsor.
10 stinking ass dollars...............Think about it
I get nothing from this....But remember the reality of it all, your family may one day

Slightly disturbed,
Sean

I just saw this thread and will be going in to talk to the guys.  I'm sure there will be no problems sponsoring a hole on ONE CONDITION!!!!

We want a picture of the hole since we can't be there to play!!!

Wish I lived closer I could have a team by tomorrow.  These guys LOVE golf and would love this event!

Great job bud!

-Go
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey Goback,
THANK YOU I will do even one better. One the tournament is over I will send you the sign! They are going to be pretty nice looking.
Talk to you soon,
Sean
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks NorCal,
Funds received

Cool web site by the way!
Talk to you soon,
Sean
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:36:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:26:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#22]

St. Paddys day bump

Sean
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#23]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey folks,
Thank you for all who sponsored holes! Our first Tournament date is this Friday.....We have a pretty shitty turn out! about 30 golfers out of a possible 120 Oh well, It looks like the other two days should be better! For those that have sponsored holes, Your Banners will be flown on the last and final Play off tournament! Hole sposors were low, so we decided to use them all on the final day!
Hopefully next year we will have a much better turn out! This was alot harder than I had expected!
Thanks again to all who have sponsored hoels!
Sean
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top