Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 10:02:13 PM EDT
I sent via TTY, a request to confirm to see if a person was still listed as missing.  I requested a 10 minute responce which took 20 - 25 minutes.   no big deal I figure they might be busy.  
It finnally came through and the TTY among other things said the person was not wanted.  

Thats odd, I was confirming missing not wanted.  So I decide to call just to veryify there was no mixup.   I called and the guy on the other end of the line had no clue what I was talking about.  He passed me to someone who did and that person advised me the lady was not wanted.  I explained once again that I was not confirming ona wated person, but trying to confirm if the person was still considered a missing person.    At that point I was put on hold for 10 seconds.  

Person comes back on phone says, yeah they're not wanted or missing  ***CLICK***

Before I could request another TTY I was hungup on.  I tried to call back 2 times and they wouldnt answer their phone!  WTF?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:04:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Idiots are everywhere....

Are you talking about a juvi or an adult as missing??

If they it isn't an endangered or suspicious missing, what is the point of confirming for an adult??
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#2]
when you sent the 10 min request where you "out" with the subject in wquestion?...just curious.  I heard the NOPD has alot of new people, but that is still no excuse.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#3]
10 min hit response from a big city.....good luck with that.  I've always hated dealing with big cities via NLETS/NCIC.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Idiots are everywhere....

Are you talking about a juvi or an adult as missing??

If they it isn't an endangered or suspicious missing, what is the point of confirming for an adult??

Its just our policy to confirm it, before we can locate it in NCIC.  The hit reads Missing Endangered Person
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
when you sent the 10 min request where you "out" with the subject in wquestion?...just curious.  I heard the NOPD has alot of new people, but that is still no excuse.

Yes, we were and I also noted that in the mis/ field.    which read  "  Please send confirmation to "TX1015000" our unit 85t33 deputy ***** is out with this subject on traffic"
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:35:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
10 min hit response from a big city.....good luck with that.  I've always hated dealing with big cities via NLETS/NCIC.

I usually expect a 15 - 20 min response time on a 10 min hit,   and I personally have never sent a 2nd hit.  I dont like getting phone calls from the state or fbi asking why i didnt send back a response in 10 min, and i know others probably dont like that either.  So over 10 i just call.  Never the less it is still unacceptable to hangup on me in mid sentance.  No excuse for that, rookies or no rookies
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#7]
screw em, if they wont confirm. I woudl locate em' and let them sort it out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:20:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:06:26 AM EDT
[#9]
NLETS responses from big cities suck.  What I really love is trying to get through their heads that the TTY response has to have "Will Extradite" in the message for us to hold them for extradition.

And then, when we tell them we need that one little phrase added they take their sweet fucking time sending it to us.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:46:40 AM EDT
[#10]
When we do our request, we just call regional dispatch and it takes them no time to get it for us, and we stay right on the line.

+1 for idiots, they have them at every department
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I called Dallas PD one night looking to get a TTY re-sent on a guy who we had just booked into jail.  Dallas PD had spelled his last name wrong and transposed some digits in his DOB.  I called and was told that they would "get right on it".  Now, I know that the guy was already in custody but I cant hold a guy on a TTY thats wrong.  6 hours later I finally got my TTY.

Bastages, I hate dealing w/ them
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#13]
They are even worse in person.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:34:23 AM EDT
[#14]
+1 on the in person.  

I was down there for two weeks with my ANG unit.  Some bar hoochie tried to rob two guys who id'd themselve as police officers from up north.  The bouncer's threw these two guys out and their wives AND called the local thugs to arrest them.  I was the designated driver for our guys, I was sober as hell and I saw the whole thing.  When I told one of the responder's that the victims were in the right. THEY THREATENED TO ARREST ME IF I DID NOT STFU AND LEAVE NOW!!!  I tried to give my cell number to one of the guys, but they stopped that and shoved me down the street.

I was kind of sad the D-Day museum got damaged, but they could have drowned the city with everyone in it for all I care.  They live in a 30 foot deep hole in a swamp, bordered by a giant lake and a giant river, how smart can they be????
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#15]
10-15 minutes they get a 2nd, another 15-20 they get a third. They dont need to have a terminal and enter people if they cant run it. You detain somebody, you are risking your life possibly, a law suit for false detention and so forth...screw them they should do there job.

I had one the other day NCIC wanted for escape from penal institiuion. My dispatch advises me, he goes at gun point then hood of the car and cuffs. The agency responds that they would only extradidte out of the NW United States...but did not say that in their NCIC entry.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
10-15 minutes they get a 2nd, another 15-20 they get a third. They dont need to have a terminal and enter people if they cant run it. You detain somebody, you are risking your life possibly, a law suit for false detention and so forth...screw them they should do there job.

I had one the other day NCIC wanted for escape from penal institiuion. My dispatch advises me, he goes at gun point then hood of the car and cuffs. The agency responds that they would only extradidte out of the NW United States...but did not say that in their NCIC entry.

Couldnt have told you that before, just lovely
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Couldnt have told you that before, just lovely

Most agencies list it in the mis/ field.    usually the ones i see it says "full extridition unless otherwise noted in the mis field"  or somthing to that effect.  Your right though, if you cant operate it by the rules set for the system you shouldnt have access
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Half the time I get a case of ass when I call my own Comm Ctr for anything more involved than a rotational tow.

I don't envy your job.

The majority of Officers/Deputies dont really understand the Dispatchers job or the stress involved with it.   Its alot more than just talking on the radio and running people.   Lots going on in communications other than what the individual deputy hears on the radio.   I hope this makes me a better deputy when i get to the street after my academy finishes in about 2 months
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:16:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top