Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 10:04:48 AM EDT
I want to appologize to all for offending any Correctional Peace Officers on this board with my recent thread.  

I do not dislike or discredit the profession.  I work with Special Services Unit Agents and Parole Agents of CDC on a regular basis and we have a great working relationship and some good friendships.  Many good folks work for Corrections.

I was only too harsh in my displeasure with the few negative CO's I have had to deal with at work and was disheartened by the poor position they had placed me in, in having to deal with thier criminal activity and bad attitudes.

As we all know most LE agencies have 1% bad apples and we just have to deal with it!  WE have plenty of folks who promote who should never be supervisors or administrators as well!

I live close to a prison and live around many CO's.  Thanks to them, my property values are doing well!

I will be more careful in the future about how I come at people here!  SOWWEEEE!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:37:07 AM EDT
[#1]
BUMP

so others can read
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:51:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I suppose the analogy I would use now, is that you've found yourself way out on thin ice and are now looking back at the shore w/ no way to get there without help. And the only people on shore are a few off-duty CO's. I'd tread lightly. Very lightly.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:40:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:30:40 AM EDT
[#4]
That's good.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Striker  A guy I know was stabbed about two months ago at work 30 plus times. Two inmates were stabbing him, other inmates were beating him, and they were trying to kill him.  He had to fight his way out of a unit which housed about 100 inmates.

The very next day, he showed up to work but the administration wouldn't let him come back to work for at least two weeks.  During that 2 week period he was then activated in the military reserves.

Everyday Correctional workers go to work, unarmed, out numbered and continue to come back to work even after assaulted and some return even though they nearly get killed.  Not to denigrate any law enforcement officer, but how many police officers would come to work every day unarmed and return to work the day after they are stabbed 30+ times?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Striker  A guy I know was stabbed about two months ago at work 30 plus times. Two inmates were stabbing him, other inmates were beating him, and they were trying to kill him.  He had to fight his way out of a unit which housed about 100 inmates.

The very next day, he showed up to work but the administration wouldn't let him come back to work for at least two weeks.  During that 2 week period he was then activated in the military reserves.

Everyday Correctional workers go to work, unarmed, out numbered and continue to come back to work even after assaulted and some return even though they nearly get killed.  Not to denigrate any law enforcement officer, but how many police officers would come to work every day unarmed and return to work the day after they are stabbed 30+ times?

None!  I knew a Co named Greg Kiernen (if that is how yah spell his name) who worked the glass house at Vacaville State Prison.  From  what I recall, he was stabbed on seven unrealted occassions while working in the Penn.  He kept coming back!  Probably could have gone out on full medical retirement, yet chose not too!

I would never want to work in a prison, jsut as many CO's would never want to deal with street enforcement!  I guess that means there should be an even level of respect on the different playing fields!

Stay safe!

Oh, I have broken through thin ice many times and survived. If this is the worst of it, I don't think there will be much of a problem!

Peace!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Allright. Accepted. We'll start again. And FWIW, I'm glad for your sake you were big enough to apologise. There is a lot to learn here, for everyone.            Stay safe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top