Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:30:28 AM EDT
Well it was extremely crazy on the east side last night. The east side has been known for many years to be a WAR ZONE. The vast majority of the violence in this city takes place on the east side. So last night my partner, sgt, and I are working a major case on the east side along with the rest of our squad. We usually work off of our own channel, and someone in each car will monitor the eastern dispatch channel. About 4 hours into our shift, just after dark, Eastern District Patrol gets real BUSY....call to call, non stop. During the course of our investigation around 2030 hours we here about 15 shots ring out to our north East, a few blocks away. We start heading in the direction when patrol gets dispatched to a shooting. Arrive on scene 2 down.....2 doa. Execution style, up close and personal. The one guy was wearing a ball cap, and the only thing left of the hat was the bill, so you can only imagine what his mellon looked like. His body looked similar. We assist patrol, do an area canvass, and clear up in about 15 minutes, and back down to where we were working our investigation. about 5 minutes later a call for a cutting comes out one block south of our location. Arrive on scene, shorty caught two in the left side chest, life threatening. About 30 minutes later, they have a double shooting about 12 blocks east....You guessed it.....2 doa! Not as brutal as the first, but they got the job done! About two hours later ED get dispatched for a double shooting....One got it in the leg, the other in the hand....

So how was your Friday the 13th??????
Stay safe,
Sean
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the neighborhood is going through a self-gentrification
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:47:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Really quiet.  I had ONE call.  Kept checking the radio "on" switch because I wasn't hearing any traffic.  Spent most of the night vetting reports.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:35:32 AM EDT
[#3]
We had a few noise complaints, i got called an OUI, and that was about it.  VERY QUIET NIGHT, was kinda suprised
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#4]
After an uneventful shift working armed security, I went home and settled into my recliner and waited for the fire pager to go off due to the heavy rain in my area and having 2 major highways in my district.  I'd been home about 15 minutes when I heard a car sliding through my front yard.  The impact shook the house and I ran to get patient information for the dispatcher that I had on the phone before I got all the way out the door.  I found a 16 year old girl getting out of what was lef tof a Mazda 626.  She refused transport, but she was really lucky because she took out 2 mailboxes, hit 2 trees that were 8 to 10 inches across, and still hit the house hard enough to rack the mortor (sp?) between the bricks on the side of the house (she hit the front) and cracked the cinder blocks in the basement from the floor joists to the basement floor.  Needless to say, that wasn't the call I was expecting to run.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Investigated a shooting where guy was shot with a SKS through the thigh.  Not a pretty sight!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#7]
It was Quiet for me until about 21-2200hrs. We recieved information that a turd was en-rout from another citty in our county to "slash" someone at a nearby address. we set up for this guy and lo and behold here he comes. We pull in behind the vehicle and start giving commands to get down and the actual suspect,(there were 3 occupants) flees on foot. I secure the two that remain and my beat partner goes after them. I am patting these two down aand hear a loud bang. My partner comes over the air and says " shots fired!" and then it all goes to hell in a fricking hand basket.

Anyway long story short, an officer from a neighboring jurisdictio fired the round after being over powered by the suspect and being relieved of his baton.

I am very glad that remainder of the night was quieter, mostly IA interveiws to exclude our own from involvment.

Sweet!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:09:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It was Quiet for me until about 21-2200hrs. We recieved information that a turd was en-rout from another citty in our county to "slash" someone at a nearby address. we set up for this guy and lo and behold here he comes. We pull in behind the vehicle and start giving commands to get down and the actual suspect,(there were 3 occupants) flees on foot. I secure the two that remain and my beat partner goes after them. I am patting these two down aand hear a loud bang. My partner comes over the air and says " shots fired!" and then it all goes to hell in a fricking hand basket.

Anyway long story short, an officer from a neighboring jurisdictio fired the round after being over powered by the suspect and being relieved of his baton.

I am very glad that remainder of the night was quieter, mostly IA interveiws to exclude our own from involvment.

Sweet!

Glad all you guys ok!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Worked my normal 8-4 shift.  Did some paperwork in the morning, then spent the rest of the day tracking down a transient who had knocked down and groped a kid at a school bus stop.  Found him, interviewed him, and charged him with sexual battery.  I love getting perverts off the street.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine was crazy. Started with a domestic call with a protective order involved and the whole family sister in laws, mother in laws was involved. The some normal activity. Then had to go take a 17 year old girl into state cutody. She was a runaway who is living with and pregnant by a 41 uyear old mexican...probably illegal. Got grief from every one. She had an attorney show up on a Friday night. It was a mess. But even her attorney said it was best for her. I found out she had an order to take her down to states custody so I take her to the shelter and they refuse to take her as she is not being abused or in danger. So after an hour they were made to "understand" and took her. Then tried a few warrant with no luck. Finally at about 23:30 gor something to eat at a drive through. I went to my part time job only to end up with food poisoning a few hours later....Yeah it sucked.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:06:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I was working with a guy that just got out of the academy and this was his first shift since being back.  He decided he was going to stop anything that moved for every violation he could find.  We only had one call all night and it was a DV verbal only.  In our twelve our shift, I stopped 6 cars, wrote to summons, and he stopped probably 20, got an OUI, Minor in possession and two minor marijuana busts.

He had some paperwork to do, haha!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#12]
foot pursuit, wrestling match with a biter.
Nothing like a face/mouth full of OC to make you think about not biting the police.

Fleeing to elude, resisting arrest, assualt on public servant all by 0900 not a good start to the shift.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top