Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 7:27:07 AM EDT
There is an upsurge in the chaos in my usually quiet rural subdivision. 3 new families have bought homes in the past 2 months and now there are more than a few new male dogs. They are becomming more territorial and causing some problems chasing bikes, fighting, running up abd down my fence barking at my dogs. I think a nice stun baton with a 2 foot reach would be adequate to ward them off and teach them not to come around. Any experience with a good reliable brand?

Thanks
Lebrew
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Leash law?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#2]
<4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities We don't advocate crime here or anywhere on the site...NorCal_LEO>
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
<edit...NorCal_LEO>.

I bet the intelligent response get this thread locked............ That is a felony in most jurisdictions.
Pepper spray works fairly good on dogs and is cheaper...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]
O.C. or taser?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:48:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Pepperspray doesn't work on dogs. I've used it several times and they seemed think it was water I was using. You can get stun batons online or at gunshows. I think those would work better than spray. I don't see where using this would be illegal. Giving the dogs a chocolate bar or antifreeze is illegal.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#6]
The post offices halt is pepper spray based. I have used oc dozens of time on dogs. Some takes a lot more than others. A lot of them just takes a quick squirt. Though I have been thinking about gettin a pepper ball gun for thise really aggresive ones. The only time using oc that it took a really lot was a 150 pound lab. I was using a blast grenade and i could see it running down inside of his mouth. 2nd blast he whent and whimered under a bush.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:22:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont want to spray pepper, I dont want to shoot or crack the shull of the dogs that are getting in my yard. I just want so break up the dogfights that are happening before my dogs or anyone elses dog gets hurt. Something more substantial then a cattle prod seems to be in order.

Texas PC Sect 46.03 -I-
exception to the application of subsection A 6 ( in this case the baton would be a club, normally a prohibited weapon)
"at the actors residence place of employment or in a vehicle being driven on a public road".
I am not advocating breaking any laws.  Ain't Texas great?

Lebrew

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Go down to your local feed/tack store and buy a cattle prod.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top