Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 3:13:46 PM EDT
I just got the call that I passed my written and physical and an having my oral boards in a week.  I was told that I am going to have 30 minutes to write an essay about what I have done to repare myself to be a LEO.  Other than education, military, and physical fitness what should I talk about?  I plan on having a very detailed outline well in advance of my board so any suggestions about the essay or the boards are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
BJohnson
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#1]
You really want to know why you have to write an essay?  Hint:  It's called Statement Analysis!  Just be truthful in your essay/statement, don't lie or make yourself out to be something you are not.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
What is the agency your applying at?   City PD or County SO?   What is the agency motto, do you know the Code of Ethics, etc.?  Research the hell out of the agency, talk to a few of the sworn staff and non-sworn staff.    Do some ride alongs.   Have you read any books about LE, or taken any classes?    All that stuff and much more can and should be articulated in your essay.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:29:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Integrity, interpersonal skills.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top