Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 4:32:48 PM EDT
Adn lets just say I am a fat ass......We have a PT test in March and well Its not looking good. I dont know my weight right off but lets say its 200-250 Range, and muscle isnt that populated if you know what I mean. Anything you guys might want to share to aid me or anything.

It wasn't all a faliure We did do some takeway's (red gun) and I did pretty well at it, and it was really fun.

I know this might need to be in the Physical Fitness section but I though you guys being LEO's you would understand what and where I am coming from.

Thanks in advance, and stay safe.
Carter.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Start running and get in the gym, ASAP
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:28:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Get back into physical training

Work back into things, if you push 110% right off of the bat, you will get sore and lose motivation

You can shed pounds quickly with the Atkins diet
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a good workout routine. Isolate different muscle groups on certain days. Cardio Cardio Cardio. Start out with small runs and work your way to long distance, tredmills are good to start on and get you into the swing of things.

STAY AWAY FROM ATKINS. Atkins is an extremely unhealthy diet. If your going to diet I suggest the Eat Right for Your Blood Type. It makes sense and works. You don't ever have to starve yourself or purge. A couple of guys at work tried a few diets and said that the Blood Type one worked the best and they had the most energy while doing it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for a workout routine - NOW.

Several of the guys I know have actually been successful with LA Weightloss. It's not so much special food as it is knowing what you can eat to stay below your daily caloric intake level. And it's not "15 steaks, no bread"... more like "1 medium size steak, potato OR bread, limited butter, diet or no sour cream".
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a Sgt. in the local Explorer program, we always found that if you run the obstacle course a few times and make sure everyone knows that the big timed ordeal is coming that they push themselves to do the run and obstacle course. What are your PT requirements?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Drink Lots of water.

Cut out soda and all that junk. Water is the best thing for you body and once you get use to drinking it, it taste pretty good too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top