Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 10:36:43 PM EDT
How bout them apples?  I have the card, it's in my wallet, I have one EMT T-shirt and have managed to resist the urge to get any more.

Now what?  I think it's time for me to get out there and get a job.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:43:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Get some experience under your belt so you can join the glamourious class of us ALS folks.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Get some experience under your belt so you can join the glamourious class of us ALS folks.

lol.   Don't listen to him.  BLS pwns those ALS n00bs any day of the week.  

Just cause they can push meds, and start IV's, and all that, they think they're GODS on a trauma scene.......

ok j/k.  They are gods on a trauma scene.

Congrats on EMT.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Good job manhile
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the fold.

NOW then:

Go get a job.

Run lots of calls.

Offer to do the report.

Work your ass off.

Apply for the Fire Service and retire in 20 years.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:59:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How bout them apples?  I have the card, it's in my wallet, I have one EMT T-shirt and have managed to resist the urge to get any more.

use it quick! before you lose it!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

[Firegeekgods]Hmmm... the Force is strong in this one...[/firegeekgods]

Or sign up at a Vol/PT EMS shop near you - if you're near a "third service".

Congrats!   Pt.><Peak_Oil, FNGEMT
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#8]
When did you take your test? Im still waiting on my card.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#9]
And today I got my name on the list for RN school close enough to home that I can ride a bicycle to school.  Monday, time to pound the pavement for an EMT job, and I'm on my way.  EMS RN's in this neck of the woods pull down some very nice money.

I'm pumped.  And thanks!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats Peak.

Be sure to learn all you can at the BLS level. It will make you a better ALS provider some day.

Pace yourself. It's easy to get burned out doing this. Especially if you work in a busy urban system.

Treat every patient as if they were a family member.

And last of all, don't buy any more EMT Tshirts...haha
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#11]
The last poster offers some sound advice...Congrats!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Congrats Peak.

Be sure to learn all you can at the BLS level. It will make you a better ALS provider some day.

Pace yourself. It's easy to get burned out doing this. Especially if you work in a busy urban system.

Treat every patient as if they were a family member.

And last of all, don't buy any more EMT Tshirts...haha

If I'm lucky, I'll be working as an EMT for a whopping one whole month before I begin RN school.  If I'm not lucky, it'll be nine months.  In some ways I would like the time to personally investigate all the different choices in front of me... maybe it would be better to start RN school in the fall.

I guess we'll see how it shakes out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top