Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 2:16:15 AM EDT
Actually the other dispatcher did.  I was taking calls.  Anyway its been a real busy shift.  Thats pretty obvious considering its Jan. 1.    

Long story short,  Unit gets in Chase and is calling out his location, direction of travel, plate #, and cross streets as their going.  She didnt him or any other units on CAD.  Didnt have a clue where anyone was.   Finnaly the sgt was like "dispatch get us a return on that plate!"  Thats when another unit keyed up and gave it for her.    It was really scary I was scared for the officers safety and I couldnt take the radio because I was on the phone with HPS and Sheriff dept who called us and offered us help.   I kept trying to get his location through her and she had no clue.  we sounded like complete retards.     She isnt new anymore either!  

Everything turned out alright....JBT gets to go home  and Badguy has reservations in Harris County Jail  Hotel

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:43:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn...sounds like our dayshift dispatchers......

We had a pursuit tonight......guy on a motorcycle in excess of 120MPH....started in the county east of us, crossed into ours.....we pursued for about 3 minutes until a Sgt called it off (I hate that).......guy fled into the next county west of us.......they never caught him either.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I always hate it when the brass call off a chase.  although at 120 i can see why.  We had one get called off only doing around 80.  Brass kept getting on radio asking weather conditions, and other stuff.   All it really did was not let the deputy talk since the brass was on the radio listening to his own voice.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:09:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I know they're thinking about liability....but it just seems so.....wrong to let them go.  

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:03:12 AM EDT
[#4]
We should have deployed stop-sticks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#5]
lol.  Yeah, Joe.  Stop-sticks on a 120 MPH Motorcycle Pursuit.  I'd like to see a video of that.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
lol.  Yeah, Joe.  Stop-sticks on a 120 MPH Motorcycle Pursuit.  I'd like to see a video of that.

Better bring a big mop.  Nothing else gonna be able to clean that up.  

On the other hand just have a pumper come out and do a wash down....thats probably a better idea
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Better bring a big mop.  Nothing else gonna be able to clean that up.  

On the other hand just have a pumper come out and do a wash down....thats probably a better idea

Better break out the deck gun for that one, I don't think a trash line will do the job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top