Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2005 6:21:32 AM EDT
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,178063,00.html

Do you think the fag liberal politicians in San fagcisco
would be making this big of a stink if the cop's were gay?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's a direct link.

Pretty funny shit when you watch the video.

www.sfgate.com/g/av/movies/2005/12/08/tapescandal01_m4.mov

Stay Safe,
MeagerMouse
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Nancy Tagelosi
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty funny stuff.  Seems more like they were making fun of themselves, not so much anyone else.  I particularly like the guys ignoring the radio and 'we are the champions' bit on the little rock bust.  The big guy citing the lady driver was good too.

I honestly can't see much harm in the video.  Claiming it is sexist, racist and homophobic is quite a bit of a stretch, but I suppose some people are always looking for the opportunity to be offended.  Maybe a little sexist, but it doesn't look like the female officers participating in the video were offended.  Maybe I'm missing parts of the video that they didn't show, but what they did show was pretty tame.

I read somewhere that they made this as a gift for a retiring Sgt. and was full of inside jokes.  They shouldn't be punished for having a sense of humor and caring about their Sarge.  You got to have a sense of humor in this profession, this PC crap is ridiculous.

Thank god I don't live/work in SF.  I wonder if that Chief has ever worked a day on the streets...

BTW, anyone got a link for the complete videos in better quality?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#4]
MeagerMouse for some reason I cannot get the link to work.

Does anyone else have a link to the video(s)
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#5]
The video didnt seem that bad it was funny.Did you see that cheif .The way her uniform is crumpled on her.If she did work a day on the streets you can be t she was a joke.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Agent 8905,

Here's the link if you want to cut and paste.    

http://www.sfgate.com/g/av/movies/2005/12/08/tapescandal01_m4.mov

I believe you need quicktime player to play the video.

Cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Chief looks like a soup sandwich,  sleeves too short , tie to long and love the four stars. Acts messed up too.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe my sense of humor is very warped, but I found it to be pretty funny.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:32:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Call me crazy but I saw this more as a parody of the department itself and a parody of the COPS tv show more than anything.

This is just another fine example of:

1) Probably some twinkle-toes cocksucker fellow police officer who ran to management to rat out fellow officers just so they could suck ass.  Rat officers should be shunned by all others.

2) managements knee jerk reaction to situation before a full inquiry was done.  I know the first thing that went through their minds was MUST SAVE THE DEPARTMENTS REPUTATION...FUCK THOSE OFFICERS!

Once my investigation is complete I have a whopper of a story to tell you about management jumping the gun.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Are you F'in kidding me?  They got suspended over THAT!!???

Is it just me or did the Mayor come off as a limp wristed prick?

I'm not going to even go into the "Chief."

That is absolutely the biggest load of political correctness crap gone wrong I've ever heard of.

Btw, the traffic stop w/ "good lookin" Officer Joe was hilarious.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:14:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Now this movie is funny, I don't care how much of a communist you are, this is funny
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Officers have been reinstated..... officer.com
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:50:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Good to hear.  Oh man, oh man..... where to begin with all of this?

"We're going to change the culture.  Even if it's isolated, the culture that exists within the department....."

Among a litany of other things, this guy knows nothing about either management or organizational culture.  If he did, he'd have never used those words in that manner.  If events/behaviors are isolated, then by their very definition, they are OUTSIDE OF the bounds of the organization's culture.  No one with half a brain would ever try to change an organization's culture based on an isolated event(s).

It also sickened me to see both the mayor and the Chief standing with their hands clasped in front of them.  It's such an appearance of weakness, like they're elementary school children standing in line at the principal's office awaiting their fates.

The officers' union (I'm assuming there is one) should get copies of ALL the videos that the higher-ups have access to.  Why?  Might there have been some selective editing/excerpting at their little press conference?  A little dog and pony show for the press?  I saw one or two white males appearing as suspects, and I bet [in footage we didn't see] that they may have even had non-white officers taking part in the vids.

If they only could have worked in something about shooting dogs.....

BTW, the bit with the hottie in the sports car turning around and such was an almost copycat homage to a Saturday Night Live skit from a few years back.  In "True Stories of the Arkansas State Highway Patrol," Bill Clinton (back when he was Gov) was riding with two troopers.  They stopped a lady, and the troopers made her turn around, then they did the pen/pencil test.  After a couple passes, they dropped it on the ground and asked her to face away from the cruiser and pick it up..... without bending her knees.  They look back at Slick Willie (Darrel Hammond, IIRC) and he's got this goofy/horny face and giving two thumbs up.

Also, I used the words "little press conference" earlier.  Ain't that the damned truth.  How many reporters were there trying to get the scoop on this breaking headliner?  Between ten and fifteen it looked like to me.  They all looked to be really excited/interested..... trying to get down to the bottom of this crime against humanity.

Wonder if the dept/higher-ups/city actually *tried* to make this a news event?  Sickening.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top