Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2005 12:32:59 AM EDT
that when giving ntg that not everyone can put their tongue to the roof of their mouth?  it's kind of funny to watch though.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 5:09:12 AM EDT
[#1]
OK I'll bite....whats ntg???
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I never noticed it while administering nitrates...but, yes, I was aware that some people cant touch the tounge to the roof of their mouth.
I guess you are talking about spray NTG? Ive never given it that way before.
We carry IV, paste, and tablets...
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Nitroglycerine...Its an EMS 'kind-a-thang"
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#4]
So what about a guy like me who can touch his eyebrows?
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Nitro spray works on any MM surface,   no need to fumble for pills, tiny screw caps and wont degrade to moist powder.
Its a bit more expensive then .04 tabs in a 100 ct bottle, but IMHO more than worth it.

Lebrew

Link Posted: 12/4/2005 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nitroglycerine...Its an EMS 'kind-a-thang"

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 10:47:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I did have a guy tell me one afternoon that he didn't want a NTG spray because he was afraid it would make him explode.  Yes, he was actually that concerned about it.

Some people are absolute morons.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#8]
we did have a guy who took a few and was banging his head against the wall trying to blow himself up. His pressure fell, then he did too. Had quite a headache from the wall and the nitro.
Darwin Award candidate
Lebrew
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:40:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I did have a guy tell me one afternoon that he didn't want a NTG spray because he was afraid it would make him explode.  Yes, he was actually that concerned about it.

Actually, when we were going through First Responder training, our instructors told us to remove any patches on the subjects body as they may be nitro patches, during our EAD certification.  They indicated that the charge could cause the patch to burst.  Where they just pulling our crank, or is something like that really possible?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, when we were going through First Responder training, our instructors told us to remove any patches on the subjects body as they may be nitro patches, during our EAD certification.  They indicated that the charge could cause the patch to burst.  Where they just pulling our crank, or is something like that really possible?

i've heard that too.  i have no first hand experience, however.  Sounds like a good idea.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It has more to do with causing an arc between the patient and the defib pad.
The patch can block contact if the pad is over top of it.
Any kind of patch can cause it (NTG, Duragesic, Nicotine, etc)

You can burn the shit out of a patient if your pad contact is compromised.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So what about a guy like me who can touch his eyebrows?

Then the nurses you date will be verrry  happy...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top