Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2005 7:24:24 PM EDT
My department is on its way into this century and our top guy is allowing a few of us "Firearm Trainers" to go to a carbine class.

Here is the catch.(s)  

#1  We have to bring our own rifles, being that our department does not have any.  

#2 They have to be stock factory rifles.  (no home brews allowed)

I have mine, which is a 1993 colt a3 tactical., but some of my co-workers rifles are piece together guns.  I don't have any probs with these, but the Dept. that is conducting the training does.

So, here is my question to anyone that can help out.

We are looking for new m4a3s from Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite, or RRA.  Anyone know a great deal in the making on say 5 to 10 rifles!!       Maybe more when my dept. goes looking.

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Give Bushmaster a call.They have a specific department that only deals with law-enforcement agencies.They may have deals for agencies that are buying in bulk.Try their website too.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you get letter-head to make the purchase and avoid FET?  

That would knock quite a bit off the price.  

RRA Government model or the Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine would be good choices if they can't get Colts easily.

If your dept won't provide the letter head to avoid the tax try here:

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/New_Rifles_.html

They had Bushmasters for pretty good price.  Also, check out the dealer section of the Equipment exchange... I think legal_transfers had some good prices on RRA but I haven't looked lately.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 12:48:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Atlantic Firearms has smoking deals on Olympic rifles for individual officer buys.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#5]
RRA; cuz I have one and now I think it's the greatest thing around.    No really though, your in the same  situation that I was in accept that I showed up with a few goodies on mine and the Lt./Armorer gave me his blessings so I got to leave them on.  Good luck bro.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:29:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got a RRA, and am happy with it.  If you send them your ID, you can get their pricing and order directly through them.  If you don't go through the department, you'd have to ship it through a FFL.  

Otherwise, if you don't have to got with a major manufacturer, I'd consider one of Sully's rifles.  He knows the rifles inside and out, and could probably take them apart and put them back together blindfolded with bare feet faster than most people on AR15.com could with their hands!

I went through his Armorer/Instructor class this past spring, and found out the reason behind some of the things that he does to his rifles which no one else does.  If you have any lefties, his uppers are made to accept a charging handle with the latch on the right side, which no one else does.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top