Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2005 10:59:14 PM EDT
We have done it...we decided to move and it may take some time but me and the old lady are moving to seattle.

I am HOPEFULLY leaving my local SO and sending my app and res into the SPD and KCSO.

Just wondering if I need to do anything special or if anyone can give a tip.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#1]
buy a good rain coat.   Good luck by the way.

Maybe they will give you some of those cool suspenders if you wind up in King County
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:08:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the suck.

Can you tell I don't like the rain?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want to work for Seattle they are hiring like crazy right now.  They've just revamped the hiring process for new hires because it was taking about a year to get the final okay and put you in an academy class.

You would be much faster and would only have a two week lateral class.

I don't know anything about the KCSO hiring process other than it's quicker, a lot different, and they wash out more people from FTO.  Apparently laterals and new hires both wash out at pretty much the same rate and it's somewhere between 25-40% depending on who you ask.

Send me an email and I'll answer any other questions I can about Seattle as I've experienced the hiring system fairly recently.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:27:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info!!

Why is the wash rate so high for KSCO?

I know here in Sioux Falls if you get PD they are a pretty tight nit group and from what I have heard FTO's wash peeps out for just not being cool.

THIS IS JUST A RUMOR!!!!! so Any SFPD come blazin in trying to flame!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:43:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd go for KCSO, since they're on COPS more often

The Seattle mayor and CLEO are antis as well, fyi.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Their FTO is pretty demanding, the philosophy being that they want people who can work well alone and without much supervision.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:50:50 AM EDT
[#7]
rgr that.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Their FTO is pretty demanding, the philosophy being that they want people who can work well alone and without much supervision.

Yes, a huge percentage fail KC's FTO process, though if you pass FTO you'll have a shift full of code runs everyday
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top