Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 9:51:57 AM EDT
I know there are many companies who sell tactical nylon gear and equipment for the active person, I just wanted to get anyone's opinion on Blackhawk's products ? Are there products to expensive or overrated and what would you consider buying from them if the prices were within your budget? Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

Pancho
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Blackhawk Omega tac vest that I love.  I use it for my in-the-trunk rig to throw on for rifle deployments.  I bought it second hand but unused for about $75.  It retails for $135 I think.  As far as quality, it is pretty bombproof and very well designed.  The only problem I ran into is a smooth draw from a duty belt with the far left rifle mag pouch full (a quick fix).

Blackhawk's MOD knives are nice but way out of my price range.

Their holsters (CQC, IIRC) are on par with other brands.  I prefer Safariland and Galco myself.

As far as their Hydrastorm stuff, it and camelbak are pretty much same-same except their carriers for vests and packs are a lot better designed.

Theri catalog is definately geared to the HSLD crowd.  Hell, they could market a nylon turd holder with alice clips and I'd buy it... so you might want to get a second opinion.

NorCal
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Usually the first reply to this question is "Made in Vietnam" followed by "you can find equal or better quality eslewhere for about the same price and Made in USA."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top