Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2005 8:28:30 PM EDT
I know Georgia has one, so does Tennessee and Oklahoma, do any other states as well (or do they all)?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:37:27 PM EDT
[#1]
NY does not have a separate Bureau of Investigations....New York State Police have investigators, that I believe would be equivalent to the type of agency you are referring to
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#2]
North Dakota has a Bureau of Criminal Investigations. It's not a part of the Highway Patrol. They run the State Crime Lab, do investigative work and oversee the Narcotics Task Force.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Ohio has the Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification.
Kind of goofy, the Ohio State Highway Patrol is completely separate, and has a "criminal" division, although OSP is responsible only for incidents on State Highways, and State Property.  Except....they also handle investigative issues for the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections.  OSP falls under Ohio DPS, as does Liquor Control.  State Parks have Park Rangers.  Ohio also has separate Division of Wildlife Officers for each county.  BCI has investigative sections for narcotics, computer crime, white collar crime, blah, blah blah., but I don't believe BCI is under ODPS, they fall under the Attorney General's Office.  They also maintain and process all fingerprint cards, and maintain training standards for police throughout the state.......................What was the question again?  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#4]
RI has a BCI. That's all that I know about it.

MA State Police have the equivalent to a BCI, investigating all murders and major crimes "assisting" local towns that don't have the specialties.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I know Georgia has one, so does Tennessee and Oklahoma, do any other states as well (or do they all)?  Just curious.

North Carolina has an SBI, South Carolina has the State Law Enforcement Division (SLED).
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#6]
minnesota does, BCI I believe
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#7]
KBI - Kentucky Bureau of Investigation.

Bob
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:04:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Alabama Bureau of Investigation

Some are good investigators but I find it funny that the guy who will investigate ME if I am in a shooting and who are supposed to be the top level of investigators in the state are guys who moved up from Highway Patrol and who have never really worked any basic investigations! A new ABI "Agent" has worked less crime (other than traffic) than any 1 year rookie cop or deputy...

I hate to say it but my newest Investigator can investigate circles around any of their newer ones hands down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top