Since this seems to be so rare here's the link - video os taser incident

Enjoy

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=390522
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I know that deputy.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I had said before that I wouldn't go back to GD and I keep my promises. However, I believe you so it's nice to hear.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, there was....(a full moon)....
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yep, there was....(a full moon)....

ooops...I'ma dumbass...there was a full moon morning of the 17th...dunno about the 16th...I wuz sleepin' for a change during dem hours...aaaaahhhh!!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe that video was on the Taser demo video.  It drives me nuts when I watch it.  The Deputy allows the suspect to get too close on several occasions and even let the guy get between him and his vehicle (that I think was running).  No offense but that Deputy was way behind the curve from what I've seen.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Happens more often than not. It's our hesitation to use force that gets a lot of us hurt or killed. The Dinkheller vid is ample proof of the worst case scenerio on that.

Despite what a lot of people on this board think, I don't know any LEO that can't wait to use force on someone. It's a big pain in the ass. The paperwork, the supervisory inquiries, the MMQB by EVERYBODY.. huge pain. I've found that the sooner you can interdict with an irritant gives you a decisive edge even if it doesn't force compliance. It takes some of the fight out and makes it more dificult to see you. It delays their reaction time and can give you time to formulate another response (IF you've allowed a reaction gap). People get hurt when it turns into a brawl. We should be fighting smarter, not harder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top