Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2005 4:27:55 PM EDT
Hi all, my very first post in the Brothers of the Sheild forum  I figured surely with all the resources on AR 15 someone could give me a hint or clue what these codes mean on my DMV print out.  I just recently picked up a copy of my driving record and notice a car accident that happened to me back in 1997 while working for Burlingame Ford.  Even though I was not responsible for the cause of the accident, I noticed it was reported on my DMV print out with some kind of codes called sobriety code 5, and type of accident code 5.  I never drink and drive, and was wondering what does code 5 mean?  By the way this happened in California and any help would be appreciated.  Thanks all.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm can anyone please answer the question  Or is this more of a question for the DMV then LEO.  O well....  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:22:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I would help but I'm not in CA, so I have no idea.  Hope someone out here can help you out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:30:05 AM EDT
[#3]
You're going to have to find someone from your home state for that one.  Accident Reporting isn't standardized nationwide.

My guess would be that since you weren't drunk, that's what "code 5" means.  Other possibilites are "not applicable" or "Not tested".

In Texas we have what's called an "ST3" form.  4 pages of "fill in the blank" questions about the accident.   They're public record,  you can probably get a copy of your state's version.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:31:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks JohninAustin and Bucky 145 for a reply, I guess I will try my local DMV or LEO.    Thanks for addressing my concerns.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:47:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hmmm can anyone please answer the question  Or is this more of a question for the DMV then LEO.  O well....  

Relax guy, this place doesn't follow the reply-a-second pace of GD.  

I have no clue.  

I would go here and find the local CA DMV office to call.

I'll check my DMV sourcebook tonight for you in either event.

NorCal
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks NorCal_LEO for the DMV link you provided, and yes your right I guess I need to slow down a bit in this here forum.  I have become accustom to a quick response since most of my time is spent in the GD forum.   Thanks again for the help.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#7]
In MO accidents aren't listed on your DOR printout so I really don't know what to tell you.  I'd call the DMV and see what they say.  Might also ask a LE agency in the area.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:18:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd help but I'm in IL
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I checked all my DMV source material and manuals but came up with noting.  In fact, most of the DMV classification codes I could find were alphabetical, and not numeric.

Sorry, but you will have to call the DMV.  Good luck with that.

NorCal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top