Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2005 8:05:24 AM EDT
I was told that yesterday at 11:00 A.M was the last time to sign on for subcontract security work in NOLA.  This person says that good Guvnr made some type of announcement about it.

By the way, everyone I know that has gone down there says that if your not getting paid at least 450 a day then your being cheated.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#1]
It might be true. Fire units are already being demobolized due to disorganization and lack of assignments. My pops and the guys from his FD are coming home today and the guys from my FD are coming home this weekend I think.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Our second group of guys is on hold and will prbably not go. No one can decide which place to put them.  Organization just isn't a word much in use in LA right now.

BTW:  Our time counted as unpaid leave.  I'm guessing with all the stuff I gave away comes to about 1300$.  It's not just about making money.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I feel your pain about giving things away.  I don't expect to go either but it sure would make things easier if I could go for 30 days.  At 400/day that would equal two months pay for me as it would everyone else on this board.  My job would still be here when I got back.

As for the disorganization what do you expect with the Governor doing everything she can to pass the buck or responsibility off to the Feds and then stand around and cry about how she's doing everything she can but not getting any help from the President.

Allen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top