Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 9:46:27 PM EDT
Greetings,

I am gathering information about manufacturing a SBS and need some help please!  My project is to legaly convert a standard Rem 870 to a SBS and have been told that ATF Form #1 is what I need to complete and then after approval I can have my local gunsmith cut the barrel down.  

Is this information correct?  Can I use printed copy of ATF Form #1 from ATF website or do I need to order form?  Can I posses the shotgun in it's standard 18" barel configuration during the wait for approval?  Is there any info available to help me properly fill out form?

Thanks in advance,
Adrian
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:35:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Right here is a kick-ass website. They tell your everything you want to know about NFA stuff.

They also have pre-filled out forms for you. You just fill in the personal info and print it out.

Here is your Form 1. It is PDF format.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:38:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, you can posses the 18 incher until your SB is approved.

I have seen some folks simply do it without forms as well.

You may check into this, but simply cutting down a 18 inch barrel may give you undesireable ballistic traits, i.e. shoots all over the freaking place. Get a properly backbored 14 incher from Vang Comp!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes, you can posses the 18 incher until your SB is approved.

I have seen some folks simply do it without forms as well.

You may check into this, but simply cutting down a 18 inch barrel may give you undesireable ballistic traits, i.e. shoots all over the freaking place. Get a properly backbored 14 incher from Vang Comp!

+1 for Vang
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top