Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 6:52:53 AM EDT

I just got back from Ocean Springs, MS doing some relief work.  The local LEOs took as bad a beating as everyone else.  Some are homeless and many have lost all their possesions due to flooding.  

One distribution center I was at had a few boxes of donated police gear - belts, boots, uniforms, etc. that the Jackson Co deputies were picking through to find something to use.

I don't know the proper channels to get gear (specifically) to the LEOs in MS, but I promised one deputy in particular I would post something here to try to get something started.  This was in one small town, so I would surmise that the need among MS and LA police depts is pretty great.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Our department has been in the GulfPort/Biloxi area since the day after the strom helping with relief work also. Most if not all of the coastal towns/cities were decimated by the Hurricane and a lot of officers have nothing but what has been given to them. Most don't even have homes to go home to yet they are still out there trying to do their jobs the best they can. If anyone out there in computer land can help, the guys over there would appreciate it I am sure.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got new boots in box, a new Blauer jacket and some new Tru-Spec BDUs I'd be willing to kick in.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#3]
You tell me where to send it and I will go to P/E (property and accounting) and have every  jacket rain gear and boots I can find sent out ASAP.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#4]

The guys I saw were mostly Jackson Co Sheriff.  Those poor guys looked beat.  Good morale, just physically worn.  They would show up with their wife in the patrol car to get a burger from us.  They've lost homes as well.

If you guys have stuff, I'd try here:

Sheriff Mike Byrd
3104 Magnolia St
Pascagoula, Mississippi 39568
(228)769-3063

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#5]
We have a donation drive going here at my Dept also.

Thanks for posting, BayEagle... and good on you for stepping up to the plate to help out.

NorCal  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top