Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 11:16:02 PM EDT
I'm a LEO in the Dallas area and myself and a few of my fellow officers made a trip to New Orleans last week to deliver about $1500 worth of basic supplies to NOPD's 2nd District officers. We set up a fund, the Police Helping Police Relief Fund, to gather donations so that we could continue such efforts to help out as many LEOs in the area over the next several months. The fund was designed to give LEOs the opportunity to support their fellow Gulf Coast LEOs, but private citizens and businesses are welcome to donate as well. We don't want to see one dollar waisted or misdirected so we're managing this ourselves, from collecting donations to purchasing supplies to driving the supplies down ourselves to deliver them directly to the officers that need them.

If you're willing to donate, or want to learn more about what we're doing, we set up a website at www.policehelpingpolice.org. If you can spread the word around your PD and share this info with other LEOs you know that would be great. Our brave brother and sister officers down there need our help. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Count me in.  Thanks for taking the initiative and taking the help directly to the NOPD officers.  

The news has stated several times that 80% of the force lost their homes.  I cant imagine having to go to work with no place to return to as a home.  They deserve all the assistance we can provide and then some.

I think some folks forget that the police and fire rescue folks need help as well.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top