Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 9:34:01 PM EDT
There are those on this site who have found the latest reason to bash LEO's and threaten to kill them/us because of the current N.O. situation.  Those of you who advocate this trash need to turn right and drag your knuckles next door to GD where your babbling lunacy will be embraced.  This forum is for LEO's to discuss a myriad of subjects with each other and that process is slowed down by your dim-witted death threats.  To start with here is a CLUE, Federal Agencies who actually control Federal Law are overseeing this operation.  Have you bothered to call or write someone in Congress or the Senate?  How about pooling your money and retaining an attorney for a restraining order?  Your choices are greater than bitching to a bunch of LIKEMINDED LEOs on a site that we actively participate in that is based on the RKBA.  I hope that your aim is better at the range than it is in these gun confiscation threads because you are shooting at the wrong people.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:15:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Tx, I have jus taken a giant shit on their bed. Probably not a good day for it but, I needed to vent. Now of course they are complaining. I hope they enjoy some of their own medicine.

I wouldn't be doing the "US v THEM" thing if some of THEM would post during the bashing to lay off some, but they don't. So, THEY get lumped in with THEM. Now I'm going to stay over here with US and ignore THEM when they say anything.

I think to ignore them will be the best thing we can do. Maybe even request that they're stupid remarks be removed. I like the intelligent comments even the questions that are critical.

Oh well, like I said, I probably picked a bad night to say anything.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:19:18 AM EDT
[#2]
"What we have here, is a failure to communicate....."
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:12:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Just curious, which side was violating the constitution?

Was it the ones who wanted to be left alone, secure in their homes?

Or the ones who had the power, although not the authority to take their guns.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:20:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just curious, which side was violating the constitution?
TXL

Oh, so now I have to choose a side? I saw the video clip, and it appeared to me that at the most, out of the 1/2 million LEOs in the USA, that a couple might have been (I say "might have been" because we are only seeing the video the media wants us to see, and constitutional issues are decided in the courts, not on the internet).

The media has been trying for decades to drive a wedge between LEO and law abiding gun owners. You know, the same media that can't report accuratly about ANY gun related story. I read posts here all the time about people bitching about the media slanting coverage to suit their agenda. But yet some of these same people jump at coverage FROM THE SAME BIASED MEDIA when it shows whatever suits them. Also, judging from the media's past coverage, I would hazard a guess that the only group the leftist media hates more than gun owners are LEO.

And as far as your above quote, you can FOAD. I have served hundreds of warrants, and never gone to the wrong house. I have never seized ANY weapons illegally, and never plan to. I have only shot one dog, and that was only because I was out of pepper spray, and I had been fighting him off so long with my baton that I was physically exhausted. And I am God Damn tired of having all you ASSHATS paint every LEO with the same broad brush. At one point I thought it was pretty funny that most of the posters here that went nuts trying to "prove" that LEOs were really civilians were the same ones that segregated the LEOs as JBTs. Now this shit is just getting old.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I was not trying to paint all LEO's with the same brush, and if it appeared I did, I apologize.

But the question remains a valid one.

TXL

ETA, I also agree with you, it was only a few LEO's who were being dicks.  One of them was their leader, sayin NO CIVILANS WILL HAVE GUNS.

I also agree with you on the media.

One more ETA, Now, if you volunteered to go down there, and were given an order to go to the peoples house, and take their firearms, but leave them alone, would you have?

Would you have prevented another LEO from doing same?

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:45:52 AM EDT
[#6]
It is getting old- the threats and bullshit.  

However, the disarming of law abiding citizens who want to protect their property is also getting old.

The LEOs want to disarm the public for "Our" safety.  Which is Orwellian doublespeak for the safety of the cops, not for the citizen's safety.

However, as has been proved once again, the LEOs and the .gov cannot protect the citizen from other citizens in times of emergency, so when these LEOs decide to confiscate the law abiding citizen's firearms, they are depriving the law abiding citizen of hte ability to protect himself from the LEOs that were participating in the looting and from other predators.

Since when does the LEO, by virture of his badge and commission, have a superior right of protection than the citizen whom the LEO is charged with protecting, but is unable to protect?

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#7]
TxLewis- No harm done. If I misread the intent of your post then I also owe you an apology. To answer your question, I am unsure what the current situation is down there, or what LA's firearm laws or Use of Deadly Force statutes are. Due to the generally shitty reporting I am not even sure if Martial Law has been declared. Without knowing all the particulars, I can say that I will not obey an unlawful order, nor will I allow any of my people to. In that case I WOULD NOT disarm people who were lawfully protecting their property or families. I hope that answered your question.

SC-Texas- I am a little confused by your post. I have seen one video clip on it (the disarming of people in New Orleans), and I believe that even the press agreed that it was short term, lasting less than a day. (The Fox News reporter even commented that he was there, and it didn't happen the way it was protrayed with the little old lady). Do you have numbers on how long it lasted, or how many were disarmed? I don't follow your thought on " the disarming of law abiding citizens who want to protect their property is also getting old." I was under the impression that this was some sort of aberration, do you know something I don't?

I don't follow the rest of your post either. I know dozens of LEOs. Other than a few Chiefs, and a couple of Administrators, I don't know of ANY LEO that wants to disarm the public. And this is in IL, which has some pretty screwed up gun laws. Can you provide a link or something?

And what's up with this: "However, as has been proved once again, the LEOs and the .gov cannot protect the citizen from other citizens in times of emergency, so when these LEOs decide to confiscate the law abiding citizen's firearms, they are depriving the law abiding citizen of hte ability to protect himself from the LEOs that were participating in the looting and from other predators."

"Since when does the LEO, by virture of his badge and commission, have a superior right of protection than the citizen whom the LEO is charged with protecting, but is unable to protect?"

Again, I saw ONE video of a firearm being taken away from what APPEARED to be a law abiding citizen, and ONE video of NO Officers doing what APPEARED to be looting (Remember, we are getting all this fed to us by the media, who is no friend of LEO or gun owners). So that makes it OK to label ALL LEOs gun grabbers and looters? There are about 1500 NO Officers, and hundreds, if not thousands of other Officers in that area. Are they all looters and gun grabbers? Reading your post it sure looks like you believe that to be the case.

And what's up with that last line? Do you REALLY think that EVERY LEO feels that way? Because that is what you wrote, and how it reads. And if that is how you feel, you need to read the last paragraph in my last post, because it applies to you.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#9]
SC-Texas,

I'm not going to apologize for the conduct of anybody for whom I am not standing next to. I don't particularly like the Police Spt in NOLA. I cannot justify the confiscation of privately held firearms in the hands of citizens for the purpose of "public safety". But, there are plenty of times where I have taken a firearms collection from someone (at their request or from a family memebers) when that person has been going through emotional crisis (attempted suicide iow) but they have always been returned when they've come to the PD and asked for them.

What is occurring in NOLA is nuts, definitely NOT your regular day in middle America. The Mayor (again, not a fan) has chosen to use his powers as afforded him by the LA State Constitution due to a public health emergency. He and the Gov made a huge error by not acting sooner. Martial Law should have been declared as a result of what's going on but, it wasn't.

The people who are still there have chosen to do so. They have refused relief efforts to remove them from the area and I haven't seen any forcible removals. If they aren't forcing people to leave then they shouldn't be confiscating private property (firearms, whatever) without due process. If however, the home or project has been the source of incoming fire towards the rescue workers then there's a valid reason for searching and clearing the building in these circumstances. So in that instance you are correct it would be primarily for the safety of the LEO. But, as I have so lovingly been reminded by some of our military members LEO ARE civilians. As such, we can expect to have the right to the same protections as a general citizen.

Just because I wear a badge doesn't mean that I am asking to be shot at, fought with, ambushed by cowards, or maligned by people who screw up and force my interactions with them. I should be afforded the same courtesy.

You are also right in that private citizens should have to bear the burden of responsibility for their own protection. Again, this is something else that the majority has abdicated to "gubment" out of some sense of entitlement. I don't agree with it but it's true. The citizens in the Superdome apparently sat back and watch other people get raped and mutilated without so much as a finger lifted to help. Why? Apparently, the majority walked away from poorer neighbors and those who are infirm and left them to die. Why? Why is it MY fault when people don't care for one another. My oath didn't include nursemaiding anyone.

You seem like an intelligent person. Someone who when faced with something like this would take a look around at the "castle" he has built and the frivolity that ammases in it and have a gut check. What's really important, my shit or my ass and the asses of the people I care about? You can always rebuild, you can always re-aquire but it is hard to get over the deaths of loved-ones because you failed to heed the warnings given and didn't take responsibility for yourself.

If someone announced that the town I lived in was about to experience a blizzard so severe as to wipe the town out and make relief nearly impossible I would pack up my family (including my dog), enough food and gas for the trip away from the area, and wipe the dust off my feet as I left.

Of course, due to my chosen profession, I would have to kiss my family goodbye and come back to nursemaid the people who could not or would not help themselves.

Thanks btw for posting an intelligent post, I've missed them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
SC-Texas- I am a little confused by your post.

That's OK.  Probably not the best peice of writing I have ever posted

I have seen one video clip on it (the disarming of people in New Orleans), and I believe that even the press agreed that it was short term, lasting less than a day. (The Fox News reporter even commented that he was there, and it didn't happen the way it was protrayed with the little old lady).

On that, I was under the impression that she was waving the peice around and being a general nuisance.  I am under the impression that others have been disarmed without them acting like crazy people.

Do you have numbers on how long it lasted, or how many were disarmed? I don't follow your thought on " the disarming of law abiding citizens who want to protect their property is also getting old." I was under the impression that this was some sort of aberration, do you know something I don't?

I probably know less than you do.  However, it looks bad when the LEOs, however few they may be, are disarming law abiding citizens- however few may be disarmed.

I don't follow the rest of your post either. I know dozens of LEOs. Other than a few Chiefs, and a couple of Administrators, I don't know of ANY LEO that wants to disarm the public. And this is in IL, which has some pretty screwed up gun laws. Can you provide a link or something?

All you have to do is to look at all the police, cheifs, administrators and others who jump on the gun control bandwagon.  its all there and I really do not have time to go through and post links on the gun control subject as that is almost as dad a horse as the general I hate all LEO threads that go on here.

My personal experience:  The few LEOs that I know are not in favor of banning firearms.  Their bosses, and co-workers are texans so they probably aren't the problem.  However, our local district attorney is decidedly anti-gun and I consider him a cheif LEO myself..

And what's up with this: "However, as has been proved once again, the LEOs and the .gov cannot protect the citizen from other citizens in times of emergency, so when these LEOs decide to confiscate the law abiding citizen's firearms, they are depriving the law abiding citizen of hte ability to protect himself from the LEOs that were participating in the looting and from other predators."

That is well written and clear.  i.e. it is self explanatory if you read it.
1.  Lots of videotapes show NNOPD doing nothing and even participating in the looting.  
2.  A substantial percentage of hte NOPD deserted their posts.
3.  The NOPD and the .gov (state and local) failed to protect and serve the people who most needed it, the poor.
4.  For the NOPD officers who aren't scumbag turds themselves (& I hope that is the majority), their leadership failed them by not sending them out with adequate ammunition, gasoline and manpower.  
5.  Again, those who relied on the .gov to protect them were fucked.

This supports my theory that when an emergency happens, the citizen had better be able to take care of himself and his family until the LEOs can get around to helping them.  

"Since when does the LEO, by virture of his badge and commission, have a superior right of protection than the citizen whom the LEO is charged with protecting, but is unable to protect?"

Again, I saw ONE video of a firearm being taken away from what APPEARED to be a law abiding citizen, and ONE video of NO Officers doing what APPEARED to be looting (Remember, we are getting all this fed to us by the media, who is no friend of LEO or gun owners). So that makes it OK to label ALL LEOs gun grabbers and looters? There are about 1500 NO Officers, and hundreds, if not thousands of other Officers in that area. Are they all looters and gun grabbers? Reading your post it sure looks like you believe that to be the case.

Definitely Not OK to label all LEOs as bad people.  However, there are a few hwo are making things bad on the profession.  That said, my problem is what happenes when I run into the one problem officer?

And what's up with that last line? Do you REALLY think that EVERY LEO feels that way? Because that is what you wrote, and how it reads. And if that is how you feel, you need to read the last paragraph in my last post, because it applies to you.

Actually, I think the last line applies to a lot of LEOs.  Not all, but a significant percentage.  LEOs do, as a group, tend to beleive that they have special privileges by virtue of hte dangers of their job.  If you do not, that is cool.  My friends who are lEOs don't seem to.   However, some LEOs by there actions seem to think they do.  Even some on this board seem to.

Is this the last line you are referring to?  

At one point I thought it was pretty funny that most of the posters here that went nuts trying to "prove" that LEOs were really civilians were the same ones that segregated the LEOs as JBTs. Now this shit is just getting old.

I have never made that mistake.  LEOs are no more civlians that the standing army is  composed of civilians.  Nor are all LEOs JBTs.  Far from it.  I cannot remember a bad interaction that I have had with a LEO on a traffic stop.

Just like not all lawyers are lying scum bags interested in letting hardened criminals ou of jail to live in your neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
SC-Texas,

I'm not going to apologize for the conduct of anybody for whom I am not standing next to. I don't particularly like the Police Spt in NOLA. I cannot justify the confiscation of privately held firearms in the hands of citizens for the purpose of "public safety". But, there are plenty of times where I have taken a firearms collection from someone (at their request or from a family memebers) when that person has been going through emotional crisis (attempted suicide iow) but they have always been returned when they've come to the PD and asked for them.

I, as a citizen and a lawyer really don;t get to excited about that.

What is occurring in NOLA is nuts, definitely NOT your regular day in middle America. The Mayor (again, not a fan) has chosen to use his powers as afforded him by the LA State Constitution due to a public health emergency. He and the Gov made a huge error by not acting sooner. Martial Law should have been declared as a result of what's going on but, it wasn't.

Absolutely.  Fed.gov is not and never should have been a first responder.

The people who are still there have chosen to do so. They have refused relief efforts to remove them from the area and I haven't seen any forcible removals. If they aren't forcing people to leave then they shouldn't be confiscating private property (firearms, whatever) without due process.

Amen.

If however, the home or project has been the source of incoming fire towards the rescue workers then there's a valid reason for searching and clearing the building in these circumstances. So in that instance you are correct it would be primarily for the safety of the LEO.

If someone is shooting at citizens from a house, then that is an act of agression and I woulldn't care if they bulldozed the house to ensure that the LEOs didn't have to get shot as they cleared the building.

But, as I have so lovingly been reminded by some of our military members LEO ARE civilians. As such, we can expect to have the right to the same protections as a general citizen.

Just because I wear a badge doesn't mean that I am asking to be shot at, fought with, ambushed by cowards, or maligned by people who screw up and force my interactions with them. I should be afforded the same courtesy.

I agree whole heartedly with this statement.

You are also right in that private citizens should have to bear the burden of responsibility for their own protection. Again, this is something else that the majority has abdicated to "gubment" out of some sense of entitlement. I don't agree with it but it's true.

Yes sir.  

The citizens in the Superdome apparently sat back and watch other people get raped and mutilated without so much as a finger lifted to help. Why? Apparently, the majority walked away from poorer neighbors and those who are infirm and left them to die. Why? Why is it MY fault when people don't care for one another. My oath didn't include nursemaiding anyone.

I don;t disagree with you.  This is hte same mentality that allows crack houses and gangs to conquor and rule whole neighborhoods in the bad sections of town.

You seem like an intelligent person.

That is sometimes open to debate.

Someone who when faced with something like this would take a look around at the "castle" he has built and the frivolity that ammases in it and have a gut check. What's really important, my shit or my ass and the asses of the people I care about? You can always rebuild, you can always re-aquire but it is hard to get over the deaths of loved-ones because you failed to heed the warnings given and didn't take responsibility for yourself.

I would not have hung outfor a CAT-5 hurricane, a cat 4 hurricane and probably not a Cat-3 hurricane if I was in New Orleans. BUT, once it blew through, I would probably have been back in with a gen set, fuel and supplies for a few weeks.

If someone announced that the town I lived in was about to experience a blizzard so severe as to wipe the town out and make relief nearly impossible I would pack up my family (including my dog), enough food and gas for the trip away from the area, and wipe the dust off my feet as I left.

Absolutely.

Of course, due to my chosen profession, I would have to kiss my family goodbye and come back to nursemaid the people who could not or would not help themselves.

And that is the sad thing.  Even if the LEOs have left town, why the hell were pople looting immediately after the hurricane blew through?  That says a lot about that sector of society.  When the .gov isn't around to make decisions for them any more, they go crazy.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I would like to thank all the Officers on this forum who have voiced their displeasure regarding "any" gun confiscation from lawful gun owners in N.O. or anywhere else. As to posts calling for the killing or injuring of LEO's  it is my opinion that first and formost these posters are keyboard commando's who have never killed anyone and only have ball's on the Internet, second if I were staff here anyone posting "kill LEO posts" would be permantly banned ASAP. We are a gun board and gun confiscation is a very hot button issue, I think alot of guys just want to hear some Officers say that they oppose it just as I have no doubt that the Officers on this forum get damn tired of being thrown in with LEO's  that  may be doing illegal or imoral acts and would like to hear some appreciation once in a while. We have some damn good members on the BOTS forum just as we have some damn good members on the site in general, we all need to stop rationalizing each other into the catagory that a few scum bags on both sides ( LEO / Citizen ) try to take us into. Bottom line,  just because I post great displeasure regarding confiscation does not make me a LEO hater anymore than a LEO posting his displeasure with the assine anti Police posts we see in GD makes him a citizen hater. We can all agree to disagree at times but remember, we are all in the same boat in the end..
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#14]
SC-Texas- Thank you for the reply. I have a feeling that there will be a lot of case law resulting from the events surrounding Katrina and the levees breaking in NOLA. I sincerely hope that all that does not overshadow the acts of kindness and heroism that I am sure are happening on a daily basis throughout the south during this emergency.

I think your reply to cmoth pretty much sums up what any rational person would do when faced with a natural disaster such as this.

I cringe every time I see those political appointees dressed as Police Officers posing during the anti-gun media events. As an attorney I suspect you feel the same way when you see a lawyer-turned-politician propose some new way to erode the Constitution.

I will have to admit that during the past few days I have thought about giving up on ARFCOM and just hanging out on Lightfighter. This, however, has been a good thread.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm tired of this crap too.  I come here to read, learn, and share some knowledge with some other like-minded individuals.  Instead, kids and tinfoil types spout off about things they don't understand, or want to understand. And they take their frustration out on the few LEOs that post here.  The latest round of malicious attitudes in finding amusement and delight in the death of LEOs has sickened me beyond belief.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:23:40 PM EDT
[#16]
sounds to me that this thread might be destined to the arfcom's  version of the collesum......the pit.  but instead of like the  olden days, where  people gather to watch the brutality and bloodshed  inflicted by gladiators, you guys just write insult at each other...and we will all laugh at you

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:40:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Mobius, I don't really see how this could be considered a "coliseum". So far, everybody has been pretty intelligent. It started off the way it did due to previous posts outside of this thread. However, it quickly got to what it should be. Adults discussing an important issue with commentary, not threats or insults.

You could however very easily place this post in a few other threads and it would be spot on. I myself started a mud-slinging match during a brief period of tired weekness over in GD. For that I apologize to anyone I offended.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Don't let it get to you. I've been here since back on the old board. It's always been like this. You'll see a bunch of knuckle dragging mouth breatherswho never miss a chance to stir the pot, and either start, ot be the main participants in the many cop bashing threads. When you see that shit, just do what I do. Just envision the idiot who initiates that post as some limp dicked, pimple faced 14 year old who is rebelling against authority. 80% of the time, you'll be spot on. It's just the sheep, snarling at the sheep dogs, from the safety of thier chairborne perch.
If you want to maintain your sanity, just stay out of GD. Of course, you'll miss some very important topics, similar to these:
"Would you Hit It?"
"Do your Farts Stink?"
"Which is the Best Starship?"
"Anybody have the answers to last week's Math test?"
"What's the best zombie load?"
"Anybody here ever actually seen /touched pie?"

Yeah, you'd be missing a lot....NOT!!!

Some of the stuff in GD is kinda funny, and worth a read. Most of it is just a waste of bandwidth.
YMMV...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:35:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You could however very easily place this post in a few other threads and it would be spot on. I myself started a mud-slinging match during a brief period of tired weekness over in GD. For that I apologize to anyone I offended.

Would that be "I hate civilians" a short rant by a tired LEO?

Funny how I missed that apology in that thread.  Man up and apologize to the people you insulted there.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#20]
In one of those hey hold my beer and watch this moments,  you could post " You won't be able to kill us because we're going to take all your guns away."  Bet that would be good for a lock.2nd amendment is guranteed... PERIOD.  We took oaths that we will live and abide by the constitution.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:28:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I was not trying to paint all LEO's with the same brush, and if it appeared I did, I apologize.

TXL

ETA, I also agree with you, it was only a few LEO's who were being dicks.  One of them was their leader, sayin NO CIVILANS WILL HAVE GUNS.

One more ETA, Now, if you volunteered to go down there, and were given an order to go to the peoples house, and take their firearms, but leave them alone, would you have?

"One more ETA, Now, if you volunteered to go down there, and were given an order to go to the peoples house, and take their firearms, but leave them alone, would you have?

Would you have prevented another LEO from doing same?"

No, and yes.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Hello guys, just sneaking in here to get a donut and give ryann a hug...I knew you were ok. You just play an asshole on the internet.  This whole sorry ass situation has brought out the truth about this situation. You good guys can scream and shout all you want. Your brothers in arms ARE going to violate the constitution. Live with it and help us to fight them.  The thin blue line should get really transparent in the coming weeks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TXL

"One more ETA, Now, if you volunteered to go down there, and were given an order to go to the peoples house, and take their firearms, but leave them alone, would you have?

No, and yes.

Thank you for answering, and more importantly, thanks for the answers you gave.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#24]
This is one set of threads I'm glad I missed out on (been away from internet access for the last 5 days...).

Ultimately, it's a question of how much you value your liberty... and what price you are willing to pay for it.

Irregardless of what course of action a Citizen chooses to follow, the price can be high.  Up to and including death.  Either at the hand of a LEO or a criminal.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:50:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TXL

No, and yes.

I Salute you !!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Fast351, can't. If you read my post you also read where it said that I would no longer be posting or visiting GD in the future. Since typing that, I have not been back because well, I do what I say. The posts I read initially do not need an apology since it would be a waste of my breath (typing effort). I'm not apologizing for the rant. If they were a cop basher, the rant stands. If they weren't there was a disclaimer included. My apology here and on other thread here in BOTS stand for those whom it is intended. Simple.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled mature discussions.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:18:58 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Hello guys, just sneaking in here to get a donut and give ryann a hug...I knew you were ok. You just play an asshole on the internet.  This whole sorry ass situation has brought out the truth about this situation. You good guys can scream and shout all you want. Your brothers in arms ARE going to violate the constitution. Live with it and help us to fight them.  The thin blue line should get really transparent in the coming weeks.

This actually would be a good idea except for one thing.  Your side wants to kill anything in a uniform. (Not to mention the constant attacks and insults)  You can't tell me that someone like MikeTX or Tpan is going to discriminate between anti and pro when he starts shooting.

A more accurate description would be the pro 2nd Amendment police against everyone else. (Regardless of profession).  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:02:45 AM EDT
[#30]
pro 2nd Amendment police?
That is not you John. Many others on here have said that they are and that they find the NO situation abhorent. I think that with your past track record you do not get it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
That is not you John. Many others on here have said that they are and that they find the NO situation abhorent. I think that with your past track record you do not get it.

My past "Track record" is a figment of your imagination, and a product of bias.

I lobbied for the Texas CHL bill.  My own time and money. Took 6 months unpaid leave to do it.
I TEACH CHL classes for free.
I've given away more guns to deserving people than you'll ever own, and trained them to boot.  (Mostly women)
This past deployment to Hurricane Katrina I GAVE AWAY a Smith 6906 and two shotguns along with two ammo cans of buckshot and 9mm to people that needed them.

Keep you horseshit to yourself.  I'd like to point out, I have yet to post in a NO confiscation thread. I can't view the video you guys are so eager to kill folks over.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:09:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My past "Track record" is a figment of your imagination, and a product of bias.

I lobbied for the Texas CHL bill.  My own time and money. Took 6 months unpaid leave to do it.
I TEACH CHL classes for free.
I've given away more guns to deserving people than you'll ever own, and trained them to boot.  (Mostly women)
This past deployment to Hurricane Katrina I GAVE AWAY a Smith 6906 and two shotguns along with two ammo cans of buckshot and 9mm to people that needed them.

Keep you horseshit to yourself.  I'd like to point out, I have yet to post in a NO confiscation thread. I can't view the video you guys are so eager to kill folks over.  

But how many guns did you take from law abiding citizens?

There was no need for you to. You posted your own confiscation thread. Except yours was more of a how to confiscate
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#34]
John-In-Austin.

Keep kidding yourself.  Your own posts show what you are all about.

You are a fair weather 2nd amendment kind of cop, but your safety is more important that the sheep's safety.  I like that about you.

You talk a good game, then segue into confiscating guns for the "Safety of the LEOs" along with telling people to carry concealed in National Parks even though its a felony.  

Anyway, I guess I am cop bashing now since I don't agree with your perception of yourself.

By the Way:  I had lunch with the owner of the Gun Store in Cedar Park.  Did you ever go in there and talk to him like you promised you would do when You were calling me a liar b/c I said the Gun Store was in Austin?

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:48:39 PM EDT
[#35]
This is not GD, this is the BOTS forum.  Please read the forum rules before posting here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top