Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 2:19:29 PM EDT
http://www.zippyvideos.com/8911023771013466/countdown-looting-in-walmart/original

MSNBC was in a Wal-Mart talking to looters and found 2 cops along side them all, in UNIFORM

First off - I am no troll, most of you know that I plan to be an officer in 2 years. I am just opening this for discussion. This disgusts me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Pull over, dupe police.

Discussed at length.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#2]
God I hope so. I didn't see a thread on it, where was this debunked at?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:42:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#5]
WHAT?  tell me it isn't so!!!

....what? ....oh yeah... that was just a figment of your imagination
.......................and a million others way back when.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
God I hope so. I didn't see a thread on it, where was this debunked at?

It wasn't debunked. Kind of hard to when they show 4 NO police officers looting.
They are a disgrace to our profession.

Oh... The other guy made it sound like it was BS.  like I said, unbelieveable. Hell, at least remove the uniform, what the hell were they thinking?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey,   last week called, they want their thread back

Have a nice day
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#9]
corrupt cops in new orleans of all places?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Regarding the Officer's Looting.....

I prefer to focus on the hundreds of men and women who stood their post, saved lives, and placed themselves in harms way all the while having no home to go back too themselves.  They took incoming fire not from terrorists or enemy combatants, but from fellow countrymen they swore an oath to protect and serve.  Incoming fire from the very citizens they were trying to help!

Where are the pictures of these brave heroes I ask you?  Where are the stories about the officers who presented themselves for duty without a bathroom or a shower; limited food and water, no radios or patrol vehicles, and compromised command and control.  Some even having to employ their own personal weapons in the field.  Who speaks of their heroism?  The answer is NO ONE.  Instead, we discuss a handful of bad apples.  Let me be the first to tell you every organization has bad apples.  There is not a police department, corporation, or organization that does not have members that when placed in a critical situation where personal honor is at stake, will make the wrong decision.

In our thirst to continue to see the worst in people, we focus on the most depraved among us.  But I say this....for every officer you show me looting, I'm certain there are 100 nameless heroes who stood the line and didn't give an inch.  For every officer who turned in his badge or looked the other way, there are 200 who did what they could to save lives and protect property.  We must not allow their heroic efforts to be tarnished by the craven acts of a few.

Stay Safe,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:50:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I prefer to focus on the hundreds of men and women who stood their post, saved lives, and placed themselves in harms way all the while having no home to go back too themselves.  They took incoming fire not from terrorists or enemy combatants, but from fellow countrymen they swore an oath to protect and serve.  Incoming fire from the very citizens they were trying to help!

Where are the pictures of these brave heroes I ask you?  Where are the stories about the officers who presented themselves for duty without a bathroom or a shower; limited food and water, no radios or patrol vehicles, and compromised command and control.  Some even having to employ their own personal weapons in the field.  Who speaks of their heroism?  The answer is NO ONE.  Instead, we discuss a handful of bad apples.  Let me be the first to tell you every organization has bad apples.  There is not a police department, corporation, or organization that does not have members that when placed in a critical situation where personal honor is at stake, will make the wrong decision.

In our thirst to continue to see the worst in people, we focus on the most depraved among us.  But I say this....for every officer you show me looting, I'm certain there are 100 nameless heroes who stood the line and didn't give an inch.  For every officer who turned in his badge or looked the other way, there are 200 who did what they could to save lives and protect property.  We must not allow their heroic efforts to be tarnished by the craven acts of a few.

Stay Safe,
Gary

Amen
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:51:44 AM EDT
[#12]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/TheeBadOne/repost.jpg

This has been debunked. Wal-mart gave "the Police" permission to take clothes/footwear/food/water from Wal-mart.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#13]
www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/0907katrina-looting07.html

Sheriff's officers lament New Orleans police actions
William Hermann
The Arizona Republic
Sept. 7, 2005 12:00 AM

On their final day in Louisiana, some Maricopa County sheriff's deputies met with their supervisors to discuss a number of disturbing events they saw while patrolling the streets of New Orleans.

They watched New Orleans police officers loading their patrol cars with items taken from various businesses, including a Wal-Mart, a couple of pharmacies, a hardware store, an auto-parts store and a grocery store.

Whether it was looting or a necessary act of survival, the deputies didn't like it.

"There were a lot of guys seeing things they thought were very wrong. That was the perception," sheriff's Detective Gary McGuire said.

So Tuesday morning, Larry Black, chief of enforcement for the Sheriff's Office, gathered his men and women at the Lamar-Dixon Exhibition Grounds, their base camp for the past few days, to discuss what they saw.

Black first reminded his officers that the New Orleans police had been working for days without sleep, without being resupplied, without power, without gas and, in some cases, even without food.

Black said that he was told by the New Orleans police captain in Algiers, a New Orleans district on the western bank of the Mississippi River where sheriff's deputies spent the past few days on patrol, that officials from Wal-Mart and other stores gave officers permission to take items they needed.

"The worst thing we could do is judge what happened," he said. "They were besieged."

Since Hurricane Katrina struck, media reports say up to 500 New Orleans officers, a third of the force, have stopped reporting for duty, and two have committed suicide.

Several New Orleans police officials declined to comment for this story.

"My officers on duty at the Wal-Mart were concerned when they saw New Orleans police taking things from the store," Lt. Randy Brice said. "I also saw things going out of the store. But I also saw New Orleans officers writing down the bar codes of what was being taken out."

Black told his staff the New Orleans police ran out of everything and desperately needed things like batteries, flashlights, clothing, some auto parts and some food.

"I think there will be investigations, but we aren't judging this," Black said.

Sgt. J.D. Sidebottom of the Kennedale Police Department near Fort Worth, which has been assisting police in New Orleans, also declined to judge the New Orleans police.

"When you have the kind of need they had, what are you going to do?" he asked. "When you're a police officer in that situation, you do what you have to do to survive."

After the meeting, the sheriff's convoy had just begun its return trip to Phoenix when a sheriff's detective shot a man in the eye with a beanbag round during a confrontation along Interstate 10. The incident occurred about 8 a.m. outside Gonzales, La., the town south of Baton Rouge where a 100-person contingent from the Sheriff's Office has been staying.

Officials at the scene said the driver pulled alongside the convoy and began driving erratically. He pulled in front of some sheriff's vehicles and began hitting his brakes. After initially refusing to stop, he finally pulled over and began threatening sheriff's Detective Jason Lier and Sgt. Aaron Brown, who showed their badges and asked him to stop, officials said. When he continued to threaten them and advanced toward them, officials say Lier, a member of the sheriff's SWAT team, shot him with a beanbag round that hit him in the left eye.

"What happened this morning was two well-trained deputies made a decision not to fire ammunition at this guy, but to use a 40-millimeter rubber round," Sheriff Joe Arpaio said.

The motorist, whose name was unavailable, was hospitalized with severe trauma to his eye.

Staff reporter Emily Bittner and the New York Times contributed to this article.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#14]

After the meeting, the sheriff's convoy had just begun its return trip to Phoenix when a sheriff's detective shot a man in the eye with a beanbag round during a confrontation along Interstate 10.

OUCH!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#15]

"What happened this morning was two well-trained deputies made a decision not to fire ammunition at this guy, but to use a 40-millimeter rubber round," Sheriff Joe Arpaio said.

THat is going to leave a mark...

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

THat is going to leave a mark...

Yeah but It'll buff right out
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Well..if the police had the blessing of Wal-Mart to take what they needed..then why didn't the officer in the ballcap state that to the camera instead of trying to get away from it and lying?
Sorry folks but I ain't buying that when it comes to the ones in that video.

Yeah, sorry, but if they give you permission to take stuff it means neccecary to perform you duties.  They were taking stuff for personal use.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#19]

The motorist, whose name was unavailable, was hospitalized with severe trauma to his eye.

Dennis Hopper in Waterworld comes to mind.......
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:46:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Well..if the police had the blessing of Wal-Mart to take what they needed..then why didn't the officer in the ballcap state that to the camera instead of trying to get away from it and lying?
Sorry folks but I ain't buying that when it comes to the ones in that video.

3 OFFICIALS OF WALMART.  Yeah, three 2nd shift stock boys, who were also looting, gave the officers permission to loot, too.  Sure, no electricity, no phone service, the cops were in a state of total confusion because they couldn't communicate with the higher ups, but one message/call did get through.  "Hey guys, 3 walwart officials just dropped me a line and said we shoud join the looters and take what we want, too"  BULLSHIT!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Stay Safe,
Gary

+100  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top