Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 4:32:45 PM EDT
Guys, today my notoriously skittish administration agreed to allow 10-15 officers to assist in the Katrina disaster.  At 2025 hours we contacted FOP national vice president Pat Yoes and were told to "stand down" and to contact him again on Sunday Sept. 11 and see if we were need in New Orleans then.  He also stated that we may or may not be needed then either.

So does anyone have any info and/or contact #'s for ANY OTHER agencies or locales that need assistance, such as Gulf Port MS. for example?

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#1]
After waiting 8 days w/bags packed, I was told today to "stand down" and return to my regular shift .

I am hearing reports now that some LE agencies have gone to MS and LA only to face mass confusion, lack of direction, and no clear objective.  I have even heard of one local county near me that sent officers only to have them return w/in 3 days .

What a cluster F#@K.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Got a response from my Chief on my inquiry. he told me that because of my email and interest, he and the sheriff called FEMA. They were told that they did not need any further LEO assistants at this time.

If what is happening to FF any indication, they'd probably have us teaching the displaced elderly how to swim.

Man, I have a feeling that copious amounts of noggin will be rolling due to this absolute pooch screwin'.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top