Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/2/2005 7:19:34 PM EDT
They are being pinned down by gunfire after nightfall, and cannot determine  the location of the criminals who are doing the shooting. The apparent purpose of the shooting is to pin law enforcement down so that others among them can continue raping, robbing and pillaging. The police down there are in desperate need of low-light / night vision equipment  (READ THAT: NIGHT SCOPES & Night surveillance gear!!)- certianly more than they have available right now. I stand ready to join with anyone willing to pool funds to purchase this equipment , especially the scopes, so N.O. PD can rid the earth of these troglodytes who are firing upon them.      
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:42:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]
[GD] The police are too militarized, WTF do they need rifles for????[/GD]

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Just told the Sheriff that if there was any way the Dept. would front transportation, I'd go and bring my rifle, my ammo and use my vacation time.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:51:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I just put my name on our departments list to go on deployment to the Gulf  Coast.  Going tomorrow to get my Hep booster.  I don't know when we'll go if at all, but at least the ball is in motion.  Anyone else's departments going down?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:20:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I have it on good account that my best friend is deploying there with 100 deputies from the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office. They just left this afternoon in a caravan. I really hope he takes his CAR15 AND his Mossberg 590. Sad thing is that MCSO will only allow 2 20 round mags for duty carry. I really hope he takes all his 30 rounders filled. He'll need them.

Crap. I wish I could go with him to back him up. Sounds like he'll need it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:30:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.thatvideosite.com/view/614.html

That's pathetic - I can't believe those woman share my profession.......

Brian
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:43:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

pathetic hopefully those are the losers that turned in their badges
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:59:07 AM EDT
[#9]
We are rolling out Monday in the AM.

1 platoon of SRT, 35 sworn personel, couple of K9s and about 50 of our reserve officers with more to follow as soon as they get their personal shit squared away and vacations or comp approved.

Every officer who's coming is bringing either a personally owned AR or a shotgun.  I loaned out four ARs to guys going with me.

I have 280hrs hours of comp to burn, so I'll be there for a while.

Sheep
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:34:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:13:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:38:31 AM EDT
[#12]
If it's the case you need night vision to see snipers, then call in the National Guard.  That's not a job for the police.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:15:56 AM EDT
[#13]
We had some of our SWAT guys going this morning with a truckload of equipment and water.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:53:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Good luck, Sheep. Stay safe, brother.

Don't let the 'rats' bite
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#18]
 I'm down there with 2 glocks and a benelli.  My squad has been working 6p to 6a on Convention Center Blvd.  It is not pretty.

My family all got out, but all of our houses are pretty messed up.  I just hope my safe and guns inside of it are ok.

I got a night off, but we will be back out on sunday.  

Wish us luck, and thanks for all of the support and prayers.

Ronnie Voorhies
JR1572
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

If any of you happen to come up on those two and "take care of things", we won't blame you.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#20]
CNN just reported that 200 Officers have turned in their badges and 2 Officers have committed suicide within the last 24 hours.  Wow.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If it's the case you need night vision to see snipers, then call in the National Guard.  That's not a job for the police.

The NYPD has night vision. We do not call the Army when it gets dark. MIKE.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
 I'm down there with 2 glocks and a benelli.  My squad has been working 6p to 6a on Convention Center Blvd.  It is not pretty.

My family all got out, but all of our houses are pretty messed up.  I just hope my safe and guns inside of it are ok.

I got a night off, but we will be back out on sunday.  

Wish us luck, and thanks for all of the support and prayers.

Ronnie Voorhies
JR1572

Stay safe brother, best of luck in your time of despair.  My thoughts to the rest of you that may also deploy.

And to the officers looting Walmart...get the fuck out (of our profession)
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

WTF?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Touche Mike103.

+2  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Touche Mike103.

+2  

+3. We already have that gear. Heck, more thatn one of our folks who is in the Guard or Reserves has borrowed NVGs, optics, weapons and sims gear to take to drill to instruct other troops, because we have newer gear than they do.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:38:29 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I've noticed that those spewing that garbage have been relatively quiet lately. Hmmmmmm....

Since I'm working one of the Evac camps...here's my load out. It stays in the trunk unless it's needed.

M4gery in the case.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've noticed that those spewing that garbage have been relatively quiet lately. Hmmmmmm....

Since I'm working one of the Evac camps...here's my load out. It stays in the trunk unless it's needed.

M4gery in the case.
images.snapfish.com/3449272723232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D429%3D%3C85%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A92%3B6%3C794ot1lsi

I'm working an evac camp as well. We are working out the details on going to MS and NOLA in a few days. We'll be bringing our own squad cars, working as two man units.
I'll be sporting my H&K USP .40, a G26 and a Wilson Combat R870. There will be a FN P90 in the trunk and teeth and hair in the K9 cage behind me. I hope we go soon. They need help. Bad
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

M4gery in the case.
images.snapfish.com/3449272723232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D429%3D%3C85%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A92%3B6%3C794ot1lsi

I'm working an evac camp as well. We are working out the details on going to MS and NOLA in a few days. We'll be bringing our own squad cars, working as two man units.
I'll be sporting my H&K USP .40, a G26 and a Wilson Combat R870. There will be a FN P90 in the trunk and teeth and hair in the K9 cage behind me. I hope we go soon. They need help. Bad

Stay safe and watch your back!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#29]
will do
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:24:28 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

pathetic hopefully those are the losers that turned in their badges

Holy shit... What kind of morals do these people have?
YOU ARE A COP STEALING... AND BEING COUGHT ON CAMERA! AND THEY DIDNT SEEM TO GIVE A SHIT!

They should be put in jail. And I think cops have twice the sentence as a regular civilian if im not mistaken. Plus their bails should be quadrupled since they are COPS and should know better. And I think their jailmates should be informed they are cops... How about that?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's pathetic - I can't believe those woman share my profession.......

Brian

Affirmative Action in all its glory !!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Dont take this wrong, Im just a FF trying to ask a question......(but Im sure someone will)

Anyone of you guys there been asked to go door to door and take firearms yet?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Holy shit... What kind of morals do these people have?
YOU ARE A COP STEALING... AND BEING COUGHT ON CAMERA! AND THEY DIDNT SEEM TO GIVE A SHIT!

Some of the NOPD are good guys, good cops, doing their job.  The leadership is a complete and utter waste of perfectly good oxygen.  And some of the "people" on the department, well, they're not really cops, they just wear the uniform.

I'm not trying to denigrate good cops on NOPD, but that department is known throughout the state as a pretty corrupt and poor department.  Again, it's the leadership, i.e. politicians.  My dad really dislikes NOPD.  He's retired Bossier City PD, and served on Caddo Parish SD, LA State Police, El Paso Cty SD, so don't say it was because someone gave him a ticket.    Me, I don't care as much, but I don't like going to NO, so I tend to avoid it anyway.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with police with cool guns as long as everyone's afforded the opportunity to have them, too.  

Good luck down there and stay safe.  Of course, we all know once NOPD disarms all the honest folks in town, it'll be safe for everyone.    Not meant to be a hit on you guys - I respect what you're doing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
They are being pinned down by gunfire after nightfall, and cannot determine the location of the criminals who are doing the shooting. The apparent purpose of the shooting is to pin law enforcement down so that others among them can continue raping, robbing and pillaging.

Sure they're not just responding to the city-wide eviction and gun confiscation.

Isn't that why the NG is there? I'm pretty sure the NG will supplement the shortcomings of the PD in situations like this.

I doubt you'll see any .mil guys loading up shopping carts with shoes though.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I doubt you'll see any .mil guys loading up shopping carts with shoes though.

Aw, some of those guys are Louisiana Army National Guard.  One time, before a convoy, I caught an NCO puffing a joint behind one of the trucks.  Maybe the units that went to Iraq got to weed out some of those clowns.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:33:52 PM EDT
[#36]
If you're going down to confiscate guns, I do not support you. read this first cowboys.

http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2005_09_04-2005_09_10.shtml#1126317466
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
If you're going down to confiscate guns, I do not support you. read this first cowboys.

http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2005_09_04-2005_09_10.shtml#1126317466

I think it has been done to death on this board, you dont have to be a dickhead in here, I asked in a nice way, and after posting it, I thought that if anyone was going to do that they would not answr the question, and those that were there and not willing would let us know....

ymmv.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
They are being pinned down by gunfire after nightfall, and cannot determine  the location of the criminals who are doing the shooting. The apparent purpose of the shooting is to pin law enforcement down so that others among them can continue raping, robbing and pillaging. The police down there are in desperate need of low-light / night vision equipment  (READ THAT: NIGHT SCOPES & Night surveillance gear!!)- certianly more than they have available right now. I stand ready to join with anyone willing to pool funds to purchase this equipment , especially the scopes, so N.O. PD can rid the earth of these troglodytes who are firing upon them.      

Go loot walmart or some SG store.  After recent events I have NO sympathy for any LE or NG in N.O. especially volunteers.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go loot walmart or some SG store.  After recent events I have NO sympathy for any LE or NG in N.O. especially volunteers.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:28:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Guys
My Bro and his wife are both LEO in London UK and I admire anyone who works in law enforcement. I spent a 12 hr shift with him in his car with his SGT's permission (had to wear a vest) and I got to see first hand what you guys have to deal with. I realy respect your dedication bacause it is a thankless job most of the time.

If there is one thing you guys need more than anything and that is

"The support from the public"

There are many out there pulling together and helping with the relief work but i cant believe that even some of the people on this site advocate shooting an LEO who is carrying out his orders.

That shocked me.

Stay safe

Taffy
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What its not like I said anything remotely like some of the other threads.  I just stated my opinion and will say I believe all volunteer LE should leave N.O. as a response to these latest disturbing events.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Guys
My Bro and his wife are both LEO in London UK and I admire anyone who works in law enforcement. I spent a 12 hr shift with him in his car with his SGT's permission (had to wear a vest) and I got to see first hand what you guys have to deal with. I realy respect your dedication bacause it is a thankless job most of the time.

If there is one thing you guys need more than anything and that is

"The support from the public"

There are many out there pulling together and helping with the relief work but i cant believe that even some of the people on this site advocate shooting an LEO who is carrying out his orders.

That shocked me.

Stay safe

Taffy

Did a ridealong here fun stuff.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Please read my sig line.

No offense, but you do not live under the protections of our Constitution, so it may be difficult for you to conceptualize how important our God-given rights are to us, and the steps we are willing to take to defend them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please read my sig line.

No offense, but you do not live under the protections of our Constitution, so it may be difficult for you to conceptualize how important our God-given rights are to us, and the steps we are willing to take to defend them.

I am sure when someone finally does cap a cop the video will be on Ogrish, then be displayed here, probably to applause.  Some orders should not be followed and that mayor and the officers involved should be jailed and sued for civil rights violations.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I am sure when someone finally does cap a cop the video will be on Ogrish, then be displayed here, probably to applause.  Some orders should not be followed and that mayor and the officers involved should be jailed and sued for civil rights violations.

You should stick to the GD when posting this crap.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please read my sig line.

Riotgun it is very very hard for me to imagine what it must be like for you guys over there.
My constitution is worth shit and I prey you maintain yours.

I'm looking at this from a humanitarian view.
(I'm a keen shooter and advocate of shooting)
But the cops involved mainly want to help people...."to protect and serve"
there's allways a few bad eggs

Cops "should" be your friends and protectors

I'm a realist and I know utopia is far from reach but  Cops are the same as me and you

Regards

Taffy
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not advocating the shooting of cops just saying what will odds are happen if.  I have friends who are cops they would not do shit like what is going on.  I also notice this thread that one week ago would stay at the top of AT or even become a firemission sails to the bottom quickly.  Lets face it LE does not have the support it did before.  I did not want to bump this up but thought it warranted a response.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please read my sig line.

Riotgun it is very very hard for me to imagine what it must be like for you guys over there.

I'm a realist and I know utopia is far from reach but  Cops are the same as me and you

Regards

Taffy

This sounds like the Nazis doesn't it? "I was just carrying out orders." Hogwash. You took an oath to uphold the constitution of the US. What they are doing down there is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Cops that go there are fools and traitors to there country!!! period.
This isn't a fucking game. Someone will stand up for their rights and bloodshed will happen.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brushjob

When I come into this forum I respect you guys as if I am comming into your home.
I would not say anything here that I would not have the conviction to say to your face.
This forum is your home and people comming in here with dissrespect should be shown the door.
If someone came into the UK forum and started bashing the UK, 82nd or Vito(our monitors) would soon show them the door

I see no valid reason you guys should have to put up with this shit in your own forum

Attack the lawmakes fer sure
But the LEO has a duty to uphold and an honourable one at that

Taffy

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please read my sig line.

Regards

Taffy

This sounds like the Nazis doesn't it? "I was just carrying out orders." Hogwash. You took an oath to uphold the constitution of the US. What they are doing down there is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Cops that go there are fools and traitors to there country!!! period.
This isn't a fucking game. Someone will stand up for their rights and bloodshed will happen.

widmn

I'm not sure if you read this through completely but i'm from the UK
And I did not meant to put my foot in it.
It's is very hard for us here to understand all of your laws and morals (which can conflict)
I have many good friends from the US and many from this Site
I'm pro America so dont missunderstand me please

You cannot hold me responsible for my ancestors actions only mine.
Nazi's are so far from comparison.

Taffy
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top